Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waterfowl Hunters (Migratory Game Birds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone take time to listen to the above mention podcast?

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
      Anyone take time to listen to the above mention podcast?

Rwc
      I listened to it all. Have to say it was very interesting. The fact that the Feds can ruin your life if they have it in for you is crazy. Sad to see him lose everything if it went down like he claims it did. I like the fact that he is very vocal and has pushed for some good changes to the publication of the regulations if they are prosecuting for tagging. Tough lesson learned for him

Comment

Originally posted by whackem and stackem View Post
        I listened to it all. Have to say it was very interesting. The fact that the Feds can ruin your life if they have it in for you is crazy. Sad to see him lose everything if it went down like he claims it did. I like the fact that he is very vocal and has pushed for some good changes to the publication of the regulations if they are prosecuting for tagging. Tough lesson learned for him
        I've not finished the series, but really angry about what I've heard so far. Curious about what the FEDs story would be, but can't help but think it would be a story of how to justify their existance.

It really seems petty on what they finally got the guy on. And if he was a real bad guy, shooting over limits, baiting, etc, it would not have taken so dam long to get him. I mean, 3 years and then you jump in. I don't think our tax dollars are being spent justly.

Hope to finish the series, but have gotten busy. Again, I think the guy got a raw deal and its because of his ties to Jeff that led to this. Plus the FAT Cheese in his area that he butted heads agains.

End of the day, its just sound like a sad deal

Comment

Originally posted by whackem and stackem View Post
          Extremely tough lesson and very sad outcome for what I believe was an old boy trying to do what he had been taught and witnessed as the right thing.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
            Couldn’t find parts 1 & 2 of the series but looking forward to listening.
            Same here. First episode I can find through podcast addicts is Episode 3.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
              Same here. First episode I can find through podcast addicts is Episode 3.
              See if the link in post 10 helps.

Rwc

Comment

Listened to both the Foiles and Warden series. Very interesting how it all came to a head but i think a lot had to do with these guys personality and rubbing folks the wrong way. Alot of attention they were drawing was negative and guys set out to get them and make a point. "Party Hunting" seemed to be what the initial investigation was for both, guides shooting hunters birds. The only time we have had a guide with a gun was during conservation snow goose when all bets are off no limits, e-callers, etc. Rocky gets on my nerve as an interviewer, the guys would finally get in a groove and start telling a story and then he would cut them off to ask a dumb question. I cant stand Rob Croom either, or whatever character he thinks he has spun himself into.

Comment

Never did listen to episode 1 or 2 but think the story really doesn't pick up till episode 3. Listened to the rest of them last night and today. Warden got handed a real **** sandwich. I do believe that he has his version of things and there may be more to the story.
                  One thing that never got answered which was eluded to that they would get to was WHY was he selected to go after. He said that the undercover agent told him years after and he talked about the time he talked to him over the phone but that part was never brought up. I would be very interested in knowing why the feds decided he was a crooked outfitter.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                    Never did listen to episode 1 or 2 but think the story really doesn't pick up till episode 3. Listened to the rest of them last night and today. Warden got handed a real **** sandwich. I do believe that he has his version of things and there may be more to the story.
                    One thing that never got answered which was eluded to that they would get to was WHY was he selected to go after. He said that the undercover agent told him years after and he talked about the time he talked to him over the phone but that part was never brought up. I would be very interested in knowing why the feds decided he was a crooked outfitter.
                    I agree with many of the above responses, I think Randy Wardens association with Jeff Foils, social media photos leading one to believe his outfitting business was doing allot of "Party Hunting" and him just rubbing a few people the wrong way.

Question to those that have listened to it. Are you going to start separating, tagging and be more aware of possession of from now on?

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                      I agree with many of the above responses, I think Randy Wardens association with Jeff Foils, social media photos leading one to believe his outfitting business was doing allot of "Party Hunting" and him just rubbing a few people the wrong way.

Question to those that have listened to it. Are you going to start separating, tagging and be more aware of possession of from now on?

Rwc
                      Not really worried about the tagging for when hunting with buddies. However the last 4 years I have gone on a guided hunt in Kansas and we had to tag our birds before leaving the field. I did however get checked by the game warden opening weekend this year and he told us we needed to have birds separated, so we put each guys limit on our own lanyards and that was all we had to do and he didn't say anything else about it.

Comment

We are always good about separating our ducks on different lanyards and making sure not to pile up or have them all in the back of just one guy's truck.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                          Not really worried about the tagging for when hunting with buddies. However the last 4 years I have gone on a guided hunt in Kansas and we had to tag our birds before leaving the field. I did however get checked by the game warden opening weekend this year and he told us we needed to have birds separated, so we put each guys limit on our own lanyards and that was all we had to do and he didn't say anything else about it.
                          This is what our local warden told me when I asked about separation and tagging, during and after a hunt.

Rwc

Comment

Ok I’ll play. I’ve listened to 13/15 parts - hope to finish today.
                            As far as the podcast itself . Most of the time it is a grinddd to get through. The host is annoying AF sometimes interrupting for a stupid question. Sometimes it is hardly bareable which has led me weary to suggest the podcast to buddies. Half the episodes I swear Ryan is drunk. He literally goes round and round in circles saying the same shi. If I had a dollar everytime he notes “I used to be in law enforcement” I could (expensive thing here). I feel that the content was there but Ryan is such a terrible storyteller that it killed the podcast for me.

That being said - I understand what the feds did was messed up but after listening to Ryan talk for 13 hours my opinion is he sounds like a dope. If you run a successful business you have to take all measures to CYA and I don’t trust that he did that (obviously neither did the feds). When he lists all the stuff goin wrong in his life I’m kinda not surprised. (Not that I could forget he literally notes every happening in his life like 20-50 times).

I totally agree the law is unclear in tagging , separation etc and I will view it in a different light. However I hunt mostly solo and I’m not a guide so I’m less worried. Knowledge is power though.

Comment

Extremely condensed version of allegations and sentence.
                              Last edited by Roy Munson; 02-12-2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                                Ok I’ll play. I’ve listened to 13/15 parts - hope to finish today.
                                As far as the podcast itself . Most of the time it is a grinddd to get through. The host is annoying AF sometimes interrupting for a stupid question. Sometimes it is hardly bareable which has led me weary to suggest the podcast to buddies. Half the episodes I swear Ryan is drunk. He literally goes round and round in circles saying the same shi. If I had a dollar everytime he notes “I used to be in law enforcement” I could (expensive thing here). I feel that the content was there but Ryan is such a terrible storyteller that it killed the podcast for me.

That being said - I understand what the feds did was messed up but after listening to Ryan talk for 13 hours my opinion is he sounds like a dope. If you run a successful business you have to take all measures to CYA and I don’t trust that he did that (obviously neither did the feds). When he lists all the stuff goin wrong in his life I’m kinda not surprised. (Not that I could forget he literally notes every happening in his life like 20-50 times).

I totally agree the law is unclear in tagging , separation etc and I will view it in a different light. However I hunt mostly solo and I’m not a guide so I’m less worried. Knowledge is power though.
                                I think the reason he repeated so much is because it would be a week or more between the last time they talked. I listed to hear his story but wouldn't listen to that podcast again because rocky was terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X