No announcement yet.

2020 Official Astros - Off Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angels serious about makin a run.. going after clevinger now..
    They have a bake sale or something?

Comment

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
        Will Harris is 35 years old. The Nats gave him a 3 year $24 million contract. The Astros probably won't ever sign a 35 year old reliever to a similar contract. It is a huge risk. It is an especially huge risk from someone like Harris that doesn't profile as a high strikeout guy.

The Astros are over the first luxury tax threshold and have not been able to trade Josh Reddick's $13 million contract. They just don't have much money to spend and be able to stay under the second, more penal, luxury tax barrier. This is what happens when your star young players are deep into arbitration or get extensions.

They sacrificed their payroll flexibility when they traded for Greinke. This is why teams need their young studs to pan out. Basically, Forrest Whitley's drug suspension plus bad 2019 put them in the position where they had to trade for Greinke. He needs to have a big year this year to get them back on track, though they will have a ton of payroll come off the books after this year with Springer, Brantley, Reddick, Gurriel, and Osuna all being free agents after the 2020 season.
        Good stuff...I have a $100 bet with you on a contract scenario with Springer? I don’t remember the specific details...can you refresh my memory so I know when to pay (if needed).

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
          Good stuff...I have a $100 bet with you on a contract scenario with Springer? I don’t remember the specific details...can you refresh my memory so I know when to pay (if needed).

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post

Thanks
            I think it was whether the Astros would resign Springer, so we won’t know anything until next year.

Comment

Poor 2 year old girl hit by a foul ball at minutemaid this past season will be subject to siezures and be on medication probably the rest of her life.
              I remember the reaction of the cubs Almora that hit that ball at the time it happened.
              This is going to tear him up.
              Prayers for her and him.

Comment

Chorinos to Rangers

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  Poor 2 year old girl hit by a foul ball at minutemaid this past season will be subject to siezures and be on medication probably the rest of her life.
                  I remember the reaction of the cubs Almora that hit that ball at the time it happened.
                  This is going to tear him up.
                  Prayers for her and him.

Dang [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                    Chorinos to Rangers
                    No big loss. He was just a serviceable catcher...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      No big loss. He was just a serviceable catcher...
                      Meh, average.....😉

Comment

Glad hes back with Rangers. Figured he would be.
                        He'll be missed.
                        Good catcher, great human.

Comment

Austin Pruitt to Stros from Rays. Love it. Woodlands kid

Comment

Saw rondon going to dbacks.. got a good chunk o change too...
                            Suckers.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                              Austin Pruitt to Stros from Rays. Love it. Woodlands kid

I don't know much about him. Why do you think the Astros went and got him?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                I don't know much about him. Why do you think the Astros went and got him?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Cheap & spin rate

Comment

Working...
                                X