FORD 6.7 DIESEL PSA - Intercooler pipe failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bass_lander View Post
    This just happened to me. Does anyone have a inter cooler pipe that I can buy from them today locally in Kingsville? I’m trying to get back to Austin today.

Thanks,

Brad. 512-966-6617

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dang it, that stinks to have happen on a weekend. Only place I know to get it is the Ford house unless ordering online.

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
    Does anyone know if this has been corrected on the newer generation trucks or do they still have the same problems?

Not sure if they actually fixed the problem or not on the current models. The replacement part after it happened the 3rd time on mine has doubled in price and looked a little different so obviously Ford had made some changes.

Comment

Sorry to hear bass lander. Happened to me last Saturday between Benavidez and Realitos. Had to get one from ford house in Alice. Going to be hard to get one on a Sunday. Hopefully someone has one and sees this.

Comment

Found a nice guy in Corpus that owned a diesel performance shop and had a pile of them. Wouldn’t take any money for it, great guy. Took a whole 5 minutes to replace the top part of the hose assembly and we made it home. All is well.

Comment

This happened to me, right outside of Ozona about a day after towing my RV from Houston. Limped it to the DG and gorilla taped it. Lucked out and found one in Sonora for 250, and saved me a trip to San Angelo. This should be a recall.

Comment

Mine blew at 140k miles... it was deleted so I went with the h&s kit for deleted trucks. Here’s the link... no more worries about plastic parts

Comment

I have a 2012 6.7 and the same happened to me when I was pulling travel trailer to Laguna Atascosa in January this year. Luckily it was near home and was able to swap trucks with my dad so I could continue on the hunt. He had my truck repaired before I made it home. Thanks Dad. Would recommend everyone at least checking theirs out before all road trips.

Comment

Just one MORE reason not to own another FORD

Comment

TTT

Does anyone know if this is still an issue for 2017 - 2019 models?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                    TTT

Does anyone know if this is still an issue for 2017 - 2019 models?

Interested in this as well

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      Interested in this as well
                      I'll let you know what I find out. Please do the same

Comment

Here's what I got via Ford chat.

2019 Ford Chat Intercooling Pipe 2017 F250.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                          Here's what I got via Ford chat.

[ATTACH]947270[/ATTACH]
                          I assume you do know you just had a conversation with a chatbot? No human (other than you) was involved in that conversation.

I have a '15 with 65K so I am guessing I better be looking to get me a spare.

Comment

They changed the design on the 17s and up, they're a non issue now

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                              I assume you do know you just had a conversation with a chatbot? No human (other than you) was involved in that conversation.

I have a '15 with 65K so I am guessing I better be looking to get me a spare.
                              My time is too valuable to be on hold with ford. Hail I'm still fing working.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmarsh9 View Post
                                They changed the design on the 17s and up, they're a non issue now
                                THANK YOU

Comment

Working...
                                X