No announcement yet.

Queen Isabella Causeway collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve listened to part 1 and 2, and plan to listen to several more that are related. A fascinating story to say the least. Thanks for posting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wrapping up #4 w/ the son of Gaspar Hinojosa who's vehicle crashed into the pillar...it's grown way past the collapse of the causeway. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
        I knew a young lady that was my buddies cousin she occasionally hung out with us at the taxidermy shop,they teased her relentlessly and she always, always, kept smiling.Her memory Kinda haunts me, feel for her parents loss.

Robin Leavell. Rest In Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
          Robin Leavell. Rest In Peace.
          the girl with rene?

Comment

Rene kept asking about Robin so I’m assuming so...she is mentioned often but don’t recall a last name.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
              I will never forget this. I was in the Coast Guard stationed in POC. We deployed to the island by helicopter as a boarding team and patrolled the area in shifts for around 5 days 24 hours a day. Sad deal. It was an eerie feeling being out there all night next to the bridge knowing what had just taken place. God bless everyone involved.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
              Do you know how long from time of impact to the CG arriving?

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                I THINK in the podcast I heard 1.5 hrs.
                The judge put a 20 year gag order on the court proceedings....

Comment

On apple podcast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                    There is a CG station on South Padre Island so I would estimate immediately. I remember us hearing the recording of the distress call.

We were at small boat station Port O Connor, we flew from Helo to Victoria then a small plane from there to Brownsville. A State Trooper picked us up in Brownsville and then drove us down near the water where the RHIB picked us up, then on to the station by boat.

That was right after it happened and we were a multiplier to SP team and patrolled a zone there at the section that had been knocked out. I will check out the podcast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

The CG station was 10mins away but took 1.5 hours to show up & were derelict in their duties...didn't bring the wounded on, sent the fishermen & the wounded to the CG station where no one was there. They Sent the chopper to Port Isabel so they had to go back across the rough bay.

They could make a movie out of this story.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        I agree Paul...very movie worthy.

Comment

The CG station was 10mins away but took 1.5 hours to show up & were derelict in their duties...didn't bring the wounded on, sent the fishermen & the wounded to the CG station where no one was there. They Sent the chopper to Port Isabel so they had to go back across the rough bay.

Id watch it.

Comment

CG station across to Pt Isabel in a ski boat would be sketchy as heck in the dark!

Comment

Working...
                            X