No announcement yet.

2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow this am. Two good fish. Still not catching them up in the super thick shallow brush yet.

All males again. Maybe next weekend!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      We had 19.89 for 2 days and that was good enough for 6th place! Happy to get a plaque and a small check! Missed a trophy by .75 and winning by 2 pounds. Had 3 fish on day one under a pound and that’s after culling 5-6 times. Those were the poorest looking crappie I’ve ever seen!!
      Post spawn

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
        Slow this am. Two good fish. Still not catching them up in the super thick shallow brush yet.

What's the water temperature?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
          What's the water temperature?

Was 64* Sunday morning. 74-75 in the evening Friday and Saturday.

Comment

What part of the state? My guess is that you missed it. Try another area. I know that when I go to RC next week for the most part the spawn will be over except for the south end. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              What part of the state? My guess is that you missed it. Try another area. I know that when I go to RC next week for the most part the spawn will be over except for the south end. Good luck

I hate to admit when you're right! Temps are high and just had a full moon. We are on the back end of the spawn for sure.

Comment

caught about a dozen on brush in 15ft of water yesterday. haven't found any shallow yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post

Your gonna catch mostly males fishing shallow. They stay with the nest. The females move in, lay eggs, and leave!

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                    someone has to do it....

I like sinking stuff we can drop in the boat slowly with a chainsaw! It's usually hanging off every side of the boat.

Comment

I fished Fork for about 3.5 hours yesterday. I think I'm getting the Livescope dialed in pretty good. I caught some small crappie under a bridge. I moved to some trees in 25-28' of water with no luck. Went back to the bridge and caught a few more small ones. Most weren't even 10", and I threw all of them back. I could tell on the Livescope that they were small fish. It's really cool to see them swim up to my jig, follow it and eat, or sometime turn and swim off in a hurry. Of course plenty of them just ignored my jig. There was a ton of bait fish under the bridge, too, but very few larger fish.

Comment

If y’all want to put some slabs in the boat get with Slew. I talked my dad into going with me today with Slew on Palestine and had a great day. Caught our limits then started culling. Best part was fishing with my dad. It’s been a few years since I’ve fished with him. The live scope Todd has on his boat is pretty awesome. Almost felt like cheating but in a good way. Shoot him a message if you want to catch some crappie.

Comment

Like those catch and release days!! Sure beats Lake Washington!!

Comment

Crappy TV is one step from dynamite. So yeah, cheating

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Crappy TV is one step from dynamite. So yeah, cheating

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

If dynamite were legal I’d buy ear plugs. I like crappie fillets.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                                If dynamite were legal I’d buy ear plugs. I like crappie fillets.
                                just wait til the GW shows up. Light a stick and hand it to him, then ask him if he is gonna just stand there or if he is gonna fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X