Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any laid off CNC Machinists around Tomball, Magnolia, Navasota, Conroe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    And this is the problem. These kids are coming in wanting top $ without having to earn it. They come in having to be trained to do the job, but ***** about the money. Why did they hire in in the first place? Had a kid in his mid to upper 20's that would not work a lick of OT because "They don't pay me enough.". He quit after a couple of months. It took me 40yrs to get to $30 an hour. Nobody wants to earn it anymore.
    I don't think OP was looking for a kid out of school. It sounds like he's after an experienced machinist. I just know that if you told me it would take 40-years to make $30/hr I would definitely not be interested in mastering that craft; hard work or not (no offense). So if you want the cream of the crop young men/women to consider your field, the income needs to be higher. Otherwise, you get what you pay for...

Comment

Originally posted by Deerslayersh View Post
      I don't think OP was looking for a kid out of school. It sounds like he's after an experienced machinist. I just know that if you told me it would take 40-years to make $30/hr I would definitely not be interested in mastering that craft; hard work or not (no offense). So if you want the cream of the crop young men/women to consider your field, the income needs to be higher. Otherwise, you get what you pay for...
      I understand your point. But the value/money just isnt there. My former employee made $15k more than me in 2019. And I worked wayyyyy more hrs as the owner. And I run a machine or 2 every day. He was making $30/hr with about 10yrs exp.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerslayersh View Post
        Yeah, that didn't come out right. It took me that long just because of the way the pay scale has been over the years. The point is the guy's with just a couple of years experience are coming in wanting the same pay as guys with 30+ years experience.

Good luck to ya Mike. Someone will come along for you.

Comment

Working...
        X