Propane powered coffee maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
    It is called Cafejo My French-Press, but I'm not sure they're making them anymore. If you do an Amazon search for "K Cup French Press" you'll see several out there for sale
    Thanks!

Comment

if you are going to be walking around and truck is parked while it makes, why not a regular home coffee maker with an inverter run off your battery. not sure what wattage it draws but i have run old school halogen lights off my truck battery with the truck running.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
        if you are going to be walking around and truck is parked while it makes, why not a regular home coffee maker with an inverter run off your battery. not sure what wattage it draws but i have run old school halogen lights off my truck battery with the truck running.
        Coffee maker draws too much.

Comment

Amateurs. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Presto 02835 MyJo Single Cup Coffee Maker, Black
            You just boil the water and use a k-cup
            About $20 on Amazon

Comment

Another vote for JetBoil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                It draws too much for the inverter on my Dodge, done tried it. I thought about one of the tailgator generators that HF sells but it looks like it does not have enough to power a coffee maker either

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                  French press or plastic pour over are two items that can make coffee any way you can get hot water. Pretty versatile.

Could be boiled in a jet boil, could be gotten from the hot water spigot at a gas station, boiled on a camp stove, coals from fire, etc.
                  I did not think about using hot water at the fuel stops, that would work for pour over

Comment

Coleman makes pretty good one that runs on propane

Comment

Originally posted by CAMOJEEP View Post
                      I did not think about using hot water at the fuel stops, that would work for pour over
                      They’ll usually give it to ya for free too. When the kids were babies we’d stop and get a cup of hot water to warm the baby bottle in.

Comment

This is what I use at camp. Makes a pot in about 10-15 minutes and I dump it in a thermos and head out. I like it

Comment

I use the MSR windburner with a french press or pour over. Came in handy during the ice storm.

You can buy pots or bigger containers if you want/need more water

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X