Pistol Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
    That's nice, been looking for one like that for years.

Appreciate it, it’s one hell of a gun. They are around but one in good condition is going to cost you some coin. The S&W forum is a great resource for picking up quality revolvers, you ought to see some of the collections these guys have. I mean I have a couple of great revolvers in the m29 CH and the 686 but there are some wheel gun aficionados over there with guns for days. Funny thing is most aren’t safe queen’s and are shot heavily, guys just take care of their stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by diamonde40 View Post
      Here's mine. I like the scope look.

Personal artillery right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
        Correct me if I am wrong, but if you are hunting and your battery dies, isn’t a red dot useless?
        Yup. That’s why you change the battery every year before season.

Comment

I have a 2.5-8x and a 4x leupold scope on my 2 handgun hunting rigs. I've used red dots as well in the past, but I prefer the magnification and precision of the scope.

It depends on how you will use them also I think - I'm usually on sticks or in a box blind and shoot 80-150 yards. If I was shooting bow ranges of 60 yards and in, I'd go with a red dot or iron sights.

I'd suggest you start with the red dot and see how you like it. It's definitely easier to acquire a sight picture and is very accurate if you have a small enough dot.

460 xvr on top, 44 rem mag on bottom
          Attached Files
          Last edited by cb4128; 04-08-2021, 09:44 AM. Reason: added pictures

Comment

I appreciate all of the input and gun ****. I'm going to start with a Burris Fastfire, if I don't like it I'll move to a scope.

Comment

Working...
            X