No announcement yet.

Cattle People (hurt bull)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

call your local High School talk to the FFA teachers. All the FFA Barns have large animal vets that come out to the barn.

We have 2 that come to the barn and one that will not.

Comment

In for update

Comment

I don’t treat them all like pets, but I admit I do have an attachment to a couple of them.

If I had no choice, and he wasn’t full of something, meds, I could eat him. It’s not against my principles at all, just would rather save him if possible, even if it’s not the best business decision.

I have mineral tub and blocks out all the time. Have never had an issue with rot to this point.

Still waiting on a call from the vet.

Comment

been checking everyday bout update of your bull hope hes alright and crazy it takes a vet 2 days to check on him

Comment

Originally posted by Anythinghunter8 View Post
            been checking everyday bout update of your bull hope hes alright and crazy it takes a vet 2 days to check on him
            Yep^^^^ I would be at his office but I make a living running cattle.

Comment

I posted an update thread, but if anyone comes here looking.

He is doing much better, still a slight limp and the last to get to the pens.

He had an abscess with an infection. They gave him Banamine and LA300.
              Washed and bandaged his foot.

I picked up the end of the second day. A little difficulty loading him up, but got it done

Thanks.

Comment

Great news, hope he continues to get bette!

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                  I posted an update thread, but if anyone comes here looking.

He is doing much better, still a slight limp and the last to get to the pens.

He had an abscess with an infection. They gave him Banamine and LA300.
                  Washed and bandaged his foot.

I picked up the end of the second day. A little difficulty loading him up, but got it done

Thanks.
                  If he is still limping in a day are two call vet. He might need another LA300 shot.

Comment

I'm glad your bull is on the mend.

I understand the bull has sentimental value to y'all but, please don't get to comfortable with him. He is a bull.

I have had bulls be gentle for the most part and the next time I mess with them they were bent on killing me. I'm talking run me to my truck and proceed to try and knock my center console out while I was climbing out the passenger side. Up till that point he acted just like the others.

Comment

Working...
                    X