Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      Thats crazy to me that a bull can't be used as a herd bull after 7-8 years old.

We had a vet come out to pull a calf in the middle of a pasture. It got western and had to rope the cow and tie her to the truck. But this is in a small town
      Where is this vet located?

Comment

Here is a pic. Sorry I am slow on the update. It took us an hour but we got him loaded. Took him to a vet and dropped him off. Have not heard from them, it might be tomorrow as it’s first come first served. He may have been slightly better today but still a bad limp.

I have a cow dropping a calf at the moment, more later.

Comment

He is a pretty boy.

Comment

Hoof warts? Spray with iodine

Comment

He’s a big boy...good luck with getting him well.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                I'd guess he has hoof rot or maybe something between his hooves. Hard to say without seeing him.

I would put him in a lot so you limit his movement and walking. Then you can watch him a little better and figure out what is wrong. If he is calm enough you can give him a snoot of banamine in the mouth for inflammation. A shot of dex would probably do him a world of good.
                Id agree and also look for screw toe(corkscrew claw, hoof screw, etc) don't take much of their hooves crossing to make a bull lame in a short amount of time. when they have giving up on their mind its hard to get them stood back up.....

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
                  Is he your only bull?
                  If he’s that bad I’d be looking for a bull before I spent a year feeding unbred cows.
                  THIS^^^^

Cut your losses and borrow a trailer and get him to the Auction while you can. I'm sure theirs some way to get him in a trailer. C'mon man!
                  Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 04-07-2021, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I'm guessing foot rot. LA200 and sometimes the vet gives them sulfa pills. Just my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                      Good lord. Maybe he stepped on his own foot.

Comment

Angus bulls that size and age.....usually time to upgrade. You'd be surprised somebody will pay good money for him. Get you a good young bull. I've watched my Dad go through this for over 25 yrs.

Comment

Dr Pol puts copper sulfate on hoof rot and wraps the whole hoof in gause type stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                            I've never heard of this. How is it done?
                            Rope em, pull tight, they cant breath. Craziest cow in the county will lay down soon enough.

Comment

I had bull with broke leg. I dug trench for trailer tires on end of my chute to get him loaded to take to processor.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
                                Rope em, pull tight, they cant breath. Craziest cow in the county will lay down soon enough.
                                Perhaps for ordinary cows, but have you seen the neck on that bull?

Man, that is a solid bull! Hope they get him patched up!

Comment

Working...
                                X