No announcement yet.

Time for a new blind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for this one; That's gonna be a tank of a nice stand!

Comment

This is great! Please post pics of it going up as well!

Comment

Absolutely nothing better than a D~Mo build thread.

Looking great.

Comment

*****, you'll be done by Tuesday at this rate

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

What a beast...IN for the build

Comment

At a standstill till I get some skin ordered.

My father in law bought Snoop a 4wheeler this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Time for a new blind.

That rack on the front was being held together with zip ties, and they were all tied to the rack on the wheeler or it would have wound up in his lap or I der the tires. All the welds on the ****ty construction were broke, and it was flopping around like a sandbass on a hot deck.

So I’ve been hammering and welding on it tonight...

It won’t be an issue...

Last edited by Dale Moser; 02-03-2020, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Ain't no such thing as over the top with a D~Mo build!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    All steel, brutha.

There you go. Will you spray foam insulate it to keep from baking on those warm days?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow!!!Gives you options sleep in stand/man cave/bomb shelter /tornado shelter/Dog house for you/Atv garage....all jokes aside great build and photos and writeup THX

you will need that SPIDER

Comment

In for all the trim and creature comforts.... ;-) you going to wire before the paneling goes up... hows the boat trailer blind holding up

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I wouldn’t use 2”tubing, but it’s free and we have chingos of it. It’s 14ga so not super heavy.

What size square tube and gauge would you recommend if you were buying?

Comment

^^^ roughly the same question as him, but I am looking to build a light weight 2 person elevated blind that doesn't need a tractor to put up. What size tubing/thickness would you suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                              There you go. Will you spray foam insulate it to keep from baking on those warm days?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                              I would like to...I have a buddy who builds houses, I thought about dragging it to one when they are spraying and have everything prepped and see if the guy would shoot it for $100 or so.

I'll probably just great stuff all the corners, seams, and gaps....and put 1" styrofoam board with radiant barrier in the walls and ceiling.

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
                              In for all the trim and creature comforts.... ;-) you going to wire before the paneling goes up... hows the boat trailer blind holding up
                              Boat trailer has held up flawlessly. It gets A LOT of use, and has been a pleasure to hunt from. My son shot his first buck and 1st few hogs from it. The only thing I would like to add is deerview windows.

I don't believe I'm going to run wiring in this one. I think I'll build a stand alone console instead, with floor lighting, a battery, phone charger, etc. I'll just wire in a solar panel after the fact. I'll do some trim to hide corners, and seams, but nothing crazy.

Originally posted by woodsman08 View Post
                              What size square tube and gauge would you recommend if you were buying?
                              Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                              ^^^ roughly the same question as him, but I am looking to build a light weight 2 person elevated blind that doesn't need a tractor to put up. What size tubing/thickness would you suggest?
                              Depends how you want to finish out the inside, and how fancy you want to get. It could be done with 1", but it's gonna take more of it, and that gets hard to hit with screws in corners and certain spots. I believe I would go with 1 1/2" 14ga, and try to save weight with less of it, and other light materials.

Comment

Hell Yes! In on this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X