No announcement yet.

72 F100 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice, this is one of my goals on my bucket list, I hope to find a early 70's clean one with a 300 six/granny 4 speed. I would go with fitech fuel injection over a carb, swap in a B cam for some thump and LMC's fuel tank relocation setup along vintage air under dash AC. I would keep the stock suspension, upgrade to neoprene bushings and upgrade brakes as suggested. She is a beauty, looks clean.

Comment

in for the ride

Comment

Originally posted by breese View Post
        I hadn’t considered changing the front end. I doubt it will get driven more than a couple thousand miles a year.
        You will OK as long as you don't go over any speed bumps or hit any pot holes.
        Twin I-beam will bend the kingpin will very little effort and realignment is near impossible unless some place has made a special jig for it. There used to be a front end shop in Irving Tx that I used about 4 times a year to straighten the kingpin on my old 70 model.

Comment

Make it a shortbed! Stacey David showed how to do it on a project truck several years ago on”Gears” He shortened the frame as well as the bed.

Comment

Air conditioning!

And some sweet wheels and tires.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
              Make it a shortbed! Stacey David showed how to do it on a project truck several years ago on”Gears” He shortened the frame as well as the bed.
              Yep..... really not that hard to do.

Comment

This is the exact model that my dad bought in 1972. Same color and all. This was about the time I was old enough to start being interested in trucks. I want to keep it as close to factory as possible.
                Transmission rebuild is complete. Dropped the motor off at Blaines motors in Dallas. It should be ready sometime next week. I’m torn on whether to paint before the power train goes back in. I know it’s probably the smartest thing to do.

Comment

#longbedsneedlovetoo

Comment

As stated before, this will be a slow process.
                    Here is where I am so far.
                    Got a section of the shop cleaned out and the truck inside.
                    Motor has had a complete rebuild.
                    Transmission has been rebuilt.
                    Engine bay has been cleaned up. surface rust removed and painted.

Next on the adgenda is to get the power breaks installed and the powertrain back in.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Following sir. Looking good

Comment

Looking good so far

Comment

In for future photos! Good luck!

Comment

Well, a set of 289 4 barrel small chamber heads to offset those dish top pistons and a 4 barrel 600 cfm carb and intake along with Ford Muscle Part C90Z6250C cam will wake that 302 up and not be over powered. Maybe 300hp and a lot more torque. Can use stock rockers and valve springs.
                            You can probably find one of these hipo hydraulic cams for $100 or so. They work fine with stock hyd lifters.
                            .050 dur 218 In & Exh.
                            SAE dur 298 In & Exh.
                            Lobe lift .288
                            Valve lift w/ 1.6 rockers .460
                            Lobe ctr's In = 107 Exh =119

I have built quite a few of these anemic 2 barrel carb 302's with this setup.

Comment

I may have a set of the Ford hub caps that fit your truck. If you, or anyone else is interested send me a message. You can just pay me what you want to. I may even have a radio and no telling what else. I went through '66, '67, '70, '77 Fords.

Comment

following... awesomeness

Comment

Working...
                                X