No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump for Saturday drinks?? I am sippin' on some Knob Creek as I type.

Comment

After the good reviews I tried some basil Hayden last night. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433675655.195198.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	24384292

Comment

^^^WEll??????

Comment

I had a bit of this last Tuesday. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
            How do you like that Outlaw?
            It was good, not my favorite but its definitely a good bourbon. I would buy another bottle

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post
              After the good reviews I tried some basil Hayden last night. [ATTACH]718478[/ATTACH]
              What did you think?

Comment

Originally posted by SAVIOUR68 View Post
                Has anyone tasted Balcones Baby Blue which is made in Waco, 5 star rating/reviews almost everywhere.
                http://www.balconesdistilling.com/baby-blue
                Yep!
                Plenty good stuff! Did the tour of the distillery the other day and it was very interesting. Got to try all their stuff! It also allowed me to buy a bottle of their staff selection single malt...bottle #132 out of 172! Plenty awesome stuff! Got a bottle of baby blue sittin' here as well.

Comment

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Dang I'm jealous you got a bottle of the staff selection. Same goes for the French Oak almost impossible to get.
                  Last edited by Chadroe; 06-08-2015, 03:19 PM.

Comment

This thread just goes to show you the individual tastes of everyone when it comes to Straight Bourbon, Blended or spirit Bourbon, all different and all probably good depending on who is drinking it. I do like Garrison Bros., but it is expensive for sure.

This is a Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge or Mathews vs Hoyt vs Bowtech type of thread. Taste is in the cup and taste buds of the glass holder!

Drink on, give us your opinions and enjoy. All this thread does is make me spend more money to try out the ones listed that I have not tired.

Comment

My go to ranch drink.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433803750.693890.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	24384491

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post
                        My go to ranch drink.
                        [ATTACH]718821[/ATTACH]
                        You got that right!!! Dickel is fine stuff. Hard to find, inexpensive, but top shelf. My preference is Dickel #12, but it's all good stuff. IF you can find it, it's worth a try. Won't cost you an arm and a leg and will be at least the equivalent of any other other Tennessee Whiskey you can find (well there is only only one, Jack Daniels; all the others are Kentucky Bourbons). You won't get any "cool" points with your buds, but you will get one heck of a fine tasting, smooth, and good tasting whiskey (at a very reasonable price) whiskey. I realize the all that doesn't mean much unless it's "cool," but it is what it is. I'll just keep drinking my Dickel. I've drunk a LOT of whiskey in my 70 some years, but Dickel is by far the best for the buck. pretty much the best. Forget the buck.

Comment

I like their sour mash blend .

Comment

If you haven't tried it I would suggest Red River

Comment

I've had red river and it's good , my local store doesn't always have it.

Comment

Makers 46. Pretty decent.

Comment

Working...
                                X