No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually drink Pendleton's if I'm mixing. I've always been a beer drinker but am trying to get into some whiskey's/bourbons. I currently have TX, Legacy, Forty Creek, Bird Dog Peach and Rebecca Creek. Saw a bottle of Basil Hayden's the other day that I'm thinking about picking up this week and I really want a bottle of Duke Bourbon. Closest I've found it online is Wichita Falls. Anyone that way willing to buy me a bottle and ship on my dime?

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
      Be warned, it ain't cheap.
      $35 ain't too bad. Garrison Brothers ain't cheap!

Comment

Good stuff here!

Comment

Bulleit Bourbon. Neat.

Comment

TX is my favorite .

Comment

Herman Marshall is distilled in Garland and the rye is outstanding. Noticed it wasn't mentioned, so here ya go.

Comment

Well, looks like I'll be buying lots of bottles in the future. Great thread!

Comment

Interesting report on a recent book about bourbon and market gimmicks:

A new book suggests that tall tales on craft bourbon labels are the rule rather than the exception. They're just one example of a slew of "carefully cultivated myths" created by the bourbon industry.

Comment

Hochstadters slow and low rock and rye for me. About 30 bucks a fifth but I'm ok with that. Only problem is that it isn't easy to find

Comment

Originally posted by rhouston View Post
                      Bulleit Bourbon. Neat.
                      I started with Rebecca Creek mixed, then bourbons on the rocks, now I find myself pouring the occasional 2 fingers neat. Guess I am getting refined after all. A generous pour neat is a nice experience.

Comment

A couple of fingers (neat) of Yellow Rose. I can literally guzzle this stuff.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Mmmm

Comment

You havin the Cody Road or the Rowans?

I have some Cody Road, it's good, but I'm in love with the Yellow Rose.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                              You havin the Cody Road or the Rowans?

I have some Cody Road, it's good, but I'm in love with the Yellow Rose.
                              The Rowans. Cody Road was ok but the Rowans is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7_Matt View Post
                                The Rowans. Cody Road was ok but the Rowans is much better.
                                Will be trying at least one or both of these this weekend. Always see it but haven't pulled the trigger. Thanks for the review.

Comment

Working...
                                X