Grapevine hogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grapevine hogs?

anyone ever hunt grapevine lake for pigs?

Yeah me and my dad have been trying to stick one since the begining of the year, I've seen 1 at around 100yrds around 7pm use these coordinates33.03418,-97.205883 on google maps, there are lots signs around here. It's about a mile from the parking easy walk. I spotted a bobcat at night here within 60yards. Still can't seem to get a shot, if you have any suggestions I'm welcome to them.

FYI they are eating a lot of green onions and swiss chard out there they are rooting the chard up by the truckload, I have yet to find any area they haven't hit.

Good luck stay safe

-Matt

Comment

they are there. Some pig ones too. I found some tracks one day almost as big as both my hands put together with a bunch of smaller ones... Just have to be carefull the locals around there hunt them at night WITH GUNS and bury Disiel Fuel in the ground. Some of the locals are crazy but most of them are kids.. Just be safe guys

Comment

Hog Hunting Success!

Well I finally stuck one. About 35 yrds out this mother pig with 10 piglets came up she dropped about 40 yards from where she was stuck. Follow the road down past the dry creek just the other side there is a lot of rooting shot her about 9:30am. Good luck! She was 175-200lbs.
        Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on the public hog!

J

Comment

Big congrats!

The rooting out there is unreal. It's everywhere you go. Looks like someone's farming out there.

Comment

well i was going to hunt out there but they are starting draw only hunts... looks like it will be hard to get a permit now

Comment

Current permits let you hunt until the first of September.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                  Current permits let you hunt until the first of September.
                  they are all out, nex permits to be issued are on draw basis, if you are drawn you will be put into 1 of 2 groups, deer season, or spring turkey season

Comment

I've seen you post that before. I figured you had a permit already for the remainder of this season. You can go as a guest with someone who has a permit...at least until the new permits come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                      I've seen you post that before. I figured you had a permit already for the remainder of this season. You can go as a guest with someone who has a permit...at least until the new permits come out.
                      you can't take guests I have checked on that.

Comment

Originally posted by dfwhogkiller View Post
                        well i was going to hunt out there but they are starting draw only hunts... looks like it will be hard to get a permit now
                        Why did they decide to go this route. The one who are doing ethical hunting out there are not the problem. NO need to cut back on the good hunters. They need to get a handle on the adjacent land owners and everyone hunting with out permits or with firearms. Poaching, target practicing and so forth. Dont punish the ones who try to make it a place to respect so close to home. The bad ones always ruin it for the good ones.

Comment

I know it is stupid, it is really nice to be able and drive 20 minutes to "try" and stick a pig. I am more inclined to believe that someone has misunderstood something or is putting out miss-information, considering that only 3 of the lakes actually managed by the CORPS is draw only.

I was out there a few weeks ago and 3 guys came in to were I was setting, about 20 minutes before dark, about to hunt with lights after the sun went down. What was really stupid was there was a pile of cigarette butts on the ground in front of one of the guys and he had one in his mouth. One guy had a flashlight jerry rigged to his shotgun(guess he was going to pepper them with bird shot??).

Comment

Originally posted by txsuperdad23 View Post
                            Why did they decide to go this route. The one who are doing ethical hunting out there are not the problem. NO need to cut back on the good hunters. They need to get a handle on the adjacent land owners and everyone hunting with out permits or with firearms. Poaching, target practicing and so forth. Dont punish the ones who try to make it a place to respect so close to home. The bad ones always ruin it for the good ones.
                            I am betting there will be a lot of changes on all the ACE projects next year

Nice pig Sherick.

Comment

TTUJason...The following is copied straight from the Grapevine Lake Regs. I bolded the last line for you.

Hunter Responsibility: All hunters must obey hunting regulations issued by County, State, and Federal Governments and abide by the Fort Worth District hunting policy. All persons hunting on Corps of Engineers lands or waters will be held liable for any conduct or action which endangers the safety of other project visitors or adjacent landowners and for damage to property on project lands and adjoining private property. One visitor is permitted with the permit holder so long as the visitor also has proof of a state approved hunter education course.

Comment

Working...
                              X