3D Printed fishing lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Printed fishing lures

I didnt like the way rattle traps were built. See below pics. Also, offshore lures are crazy expensive. And lastly, just cause its fun...

See pics below. The factory rattle trap has little metal clips that halfway wrap around a plastic stud. I wanted something fully captive. You can see the cutaway of both.
    Attached Files

Heres a few more...
    Attached Files

Comment

...and a fewer close ups. I didnt want to spend too much time on each one so I rushed them through. Gonna hopefully get teeth marks and will prob lose a bunch.
      Attached Files

Comment

That's friggin sweet

Comment

That is very cool!

Comment

That's cool stuff there. I'd love to see one all tore up after wrestling a big toothy monster. Jod well done. How do the molds hold up to injecting?

Comment

Thanks yall. No long term data on the molds holding up. But honestly you cant tell it's ever been used. I can see them lasting a very long time.

Heres hoping to lots of teeth marks...

Comment

I have a shelf with several tore up lures on it. They help me to remember how they got that way. Good luck.

Comment

Thats awesome man!

Comment

now that is talent! let us know how many fish fall for your baits, very well done sir.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

So are you making two pieces on the printer and gluing them together?

Comment

How do the traps swim or have you not tested them out yet?

Comment

No, all single piece now. The half one was an illustration. I do the wire a little different now depending on the lure and hook and eye locations, but all are captive loops of wire so even if the lure broke the wire would still hold the fish.

Comment

They swim like a normal rattle trap. Shake and rattle. All lures were tested before painting with a set of hooks on them.

The blue runner was my design, it has the best slow seductive style swim. Really cant wait to fling that one out. The smallest two on the bottom right also have a real neat hunt and swim action when slow cranked and look like a skittish bait when fast cranked.
                              Last edited by jeremy360; 05-12-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X