Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dang...Them DeWalts Have Got Some Torque!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keith View Post
    Nothing a little gorilla glue won't fix. Just ask the woman that used it for hairspray. It holds real good!
    Bwahahahaha! You ain’t right... but you ain’t wrong either

Comment

My 18v did the exact same thing. I don’t blame it on the torque they have. I blame it on a garbage product. Mine had been used a total of maybe 3 hours. Junk.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
        Anyone know of a good place to get 18V batteries for one?
        Bought 2 dewalt 20v
        aftermarket 5amp hr for$50. New not rebuilt. Can't say how good they are. Haven't used them enough but so far so good.
        Batteriesup is a professional online battery store. Hot sale for power tool batteries, we also have vacuum cleaner batteries, camera batteries & charger, UAV batteries and R/C batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Just watch out for your wrists when you get a new one. The torque on them is amazing.
          Also, avoid wearing pajamas when operating. TBH research recently discovered that it is wearing PJs in public NOT loosely holding while firing a pistol that causes the unfortunate physical disability known as limp wristing.

Comment

LFD2037, the ones you buy at Home Depot or Lowe's today are junk. I still have my 18 volt sawzall/hammer drill combo that I bought used from the plumber I worked for when I started out at 14 years old. I turn 41 in August. I have upgraded through the years, but still have them and occasionally use them. The one the op is talking about sounds just as old and most def a work horse like mine. I think it's like John Deere mowers and such from HD, they are not made the same.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
              If you want another one, I have about four of them I think. I really only need one for the house and one for the shop. Or vice versa, if you don't want another one and have good batteries, I could use another good battery or two.
              I’ll keep this in mind, thanks.
              I’ve already ordered a new clamshell housing so I’m going to rebuild it first but if that doesn’t work then I’ll contact you.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
                LFD2037, the ones you buy at Home Depot or Lowe's today are junk. I still have my 18 volt sawzall/hammer drill combo that I bought used from the plumber I worked for when I started out at 14 years old. I turn 41 in August. I have upgraded through the years, but still have them and occasionally use them. The one the op is talking about sounds just as old and most def a work horse like mine. I think it's like John Deere mowers and such from HD, they are not made the same.
                You may be correct. I’ve heard that the products sold in box stores are built specifically for them to a lesser quality so they can be sold cheaper. Don’t know if that’s true or not but I do know that the mowers and such are all made by MTD and then sold with individual brand names on them. If you want the real deal you gotta go to the dealer.

I bought this Dewalt as a set of five pieces with a case, brand new on eBay, many years ago. It was a really good buy as I won the bid at 300.00 and that particular kit was running 500.00 anywhere else. It’s been well worth what I paid for it. I’m on my third set (5 batteries total) of battery rebuilds and until this happened, they’ve never let me down. I have used them very hard over the years.

Comment

I hung up a rigid drill with a 13/16" bit under a trailer one time. It wedged my finger/glove on the trigger and nearly twisted me into a pretzel before I was able to break the bit. I felt like I'd been in a fistfight with the tazmanian devil.

Comment

Go to a pawn shop,I bet they’ll give you one without a better for next to free and replace the housing

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I hung up a rigid drill with a 13/16" bit under a trailer one time. It wedged my finger/glove on the trigger and nearly twisted me into a pretzel before I was able to break the bit. I felt like I'd been in a fistfight with the tazmanian devil.
                      Dang...that made me cringe Dale.

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                        Go to a pawn shop,I bet they’ll give you one without a better for next to free and replace the housing
                        Interesting, I’ll have to look into that.

Comment

Working...
                        X