Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll find out today. I know a guy...

Comment

The cent has a good rim on it. That tells me it was a normal stamp. I think it is set in a second piece of metal.

Comment

Maybe 2 pennies put front to back and set in the outer ring....

Comment

Looking at the two areas where the metal is scuffed. You can tell it is two different metals. The rim has a brass color to it and the penny has a more copper coloration.

Comment

I have a collection of ever penny in that era....this is not one of them. Looks to be custom made for jewelery or possibly trench art. ( or I do not have every penny).

Comment

Well I can see it is not one piece if zoomed in. Am I understanding right that the center is 3 pennies thick?

Comment

If you pinch the center with your index finger and thumb will the outer ring rotate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I showed pics to some experts. All agree it was done by a jeweler and no possibility it happened at the mint. Cool item

Comment

Sabine was right! post #14

Comment

The penny itself is worth between 2-4 cents.

Coin values never stand still. Using a step by step method finds how much your coins are worth. Popular series and scarce dates are identified. Mintmarks are highlighted and located. Subtle differences in condition are graded to narrow range on value charts. Discover the value in your box of old coins.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        Real 43 copper penny is almost as rare as a black panther. There are some but very few. Try a magnet on it to see if it's plated steel.
                        It’s a 1942 penny

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                          If you pinch the center with your index finger and thumb will the outer ring rotate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          No, and looking at it with a very strong magnifying glass. It looks to be one solid piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                            I bet it was on a neckless at some point................
                            There’s no holes or any marks for a chain or any king of “ Mount”. I am going to try and head to the coin shop right now and see.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                              No, and looking at it with a very strong magnifying glass. It looks to be one solid piece.

I'm pretty sure I can see that it is not one piece when zoomed in.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                                Sabine was right! post #14
                                Yep. Give your self a cookie.

Comment

Working...
                                X