Bill allowing permitless carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    I did learn anything I didn’t already know on firearms safety but I learned a TON about the legalities of places you can or can’t carry and what’s justifiable in some scenarios.

I agree they will inform you of some of the legalities but saying someone took that class so now their trained is far from the truth IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Who's fault is that? Did y'all study?
      The point i was trying to make was I already knew most of the classroom information from just having common sense. The folks that showed with minimal handgun experience didn't gain more experience either.

Comment

The training

In reality if the only training you’re using is from your LTC class then you’re doing something wrong. They don’t exactly teach much about shooting or firearms proficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
          In reality if the only training you’re using is from your LTC class then you’re doing something wrong. They don’t exactly teach much about shooting or firearms proficiency.

You're firing a weapon in your avatar without looking down range. Maybe you need to go thru it again.

Comment

You're firing a weapon in your avatar without looking down range. Maybe you need to go thru it again.

It’s almost as if that can be done in a safe manner. Like knowing how to control a firearm and also being in a quarry. All I’m saying is if the only training you do is in your LTC class you’re doing something wrong. 90% of people who carry probably have never practiced drawing from their holster, let alone in odd/different positions with different clothing.

Comment

The class is supposed to teach the laws on the use of deadly force. Kinda important to know if you’re going to carry. I’m in the process of renewing mine because even is this passes, I still want to be able to carry when I travel.

Comment

If it pass a this time wouldn’t the just put the curriculum on line so folks can study those laws with out the class

Comment

Will license holders still have to identify if they are carrying a handgun to police if stopped? Will non licensees have to identify if stopped?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                    Will license holders still have to identify if they are carrying a handgun to police if stopped? Will non licensees have to identify if stopped?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
                    I read the bill even though it was for a long winded and I think all it does is get rid of UCW.

It did nothing to modify the current LTC law.

I think after that last legislature it only cost $40 for a five-year renewal of the LTC. That comes out to $8 a year.

For that $8 you get to:
                    1. Bypass the federal background requirement to purchase a firearm from an FFL.

2. Carry in other states which have a reciprocal agreement with Texas.

In my opinion....

Comment

IF constitutional carry passes, I will definitely continue renewing my CHL, but I hope y’all ain’t holding your breath for CC to pass.

Anyone who travels out of state for business or pleasure should check carry laws in other states before dropping your TX permit.

Comment

I'll definitely be keeping mine just to streamline purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                          It’s almost as if that can be done in a safe manner. Like knowing how to control a firearm and also being in a quarry. All I’m saying is if the only training you do is in your LTC class you’re doing something wrong. 90% of people who carry probably have never practiced drawing from their holster, let alone in odd/different positions with different clothing.

Shooting without knowing where your aiming in never safe!

I'm just pulling y'all's chains! Myself, my wife and another couple got our chl class at a Mexican restaurant in Deercrack mall, took about 15 minutes and $75 dollars each. I would hope folks who carry actually spend a little time behind the trigger. I think most do.

I've seen seasoned hunters / shooters with pizzpoor weapon manner's too.

Comment

The LTC has a tenancy to help you out of tickets, or at least a close friend told me that. [emoji51]

Comment

Would private business be able to deny access to a constitutional carry customer but allow access to a LTC customer?

30.06 & 30.07 signs, would there be a new one for CC ?

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
                                Would private business be able to deny access to a constitutional carry customer but allow access to a LTC customer?

30.06 & 30.07 signs, would there be a new one for CC ?

Good question!

Comment

Working...
                                X