Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagged

Comment

Kongrats.......just enjoy your time there! Plenty to deaux and see. Also, probably 25 threads on here about Cabo that will give you even more insight.

Comment

Originally posted by Barney1971 View Post
        im flying out sunday... staying at rancho leonero outside cabo. got 2 days booked for fishing and roosterfish off beach at resort..cant wait.
        Rooster fish from the beach makes great sushi

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Giggling Marlin downtown is a fun bar to hang out in.
          If you need transfers from airport check out Fun Around Cabo, Rolando is great to deal with (www.funaroundcabo.com)

Comment

I've become close friends with a bar owner named Tomas over the years. He owns a bar called Usual Suspects in the marina. He was rubbing it in that I wasn't down there right now, so I sent him a picture flipping him the bird last night. He sent this picture back... Toby Keith returning the gesture.. never know who you'll run into down there! Go check him out.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hold up there, young fella. You still have a few things left to do to ensure you have a safe and pleasant trip before you start worrying about where to go and where to eat! Mexico, like most other countries in Central America, is not the safest place, especially for U.S. citizens (yea, yea...I know you’re staying in an all inclusive resort, however...).

Here are a few of the most important things I pulled off my International Travel Checklist that I think you should consider doing (it’s eight pages long so I just focused on the most important information):

1. Make copies of your passports, DLs, credit cards (front & back), and itinerary (which should include the name, address, and phone # of your hotel and the same info for your travel agent, if using); keep one set with you and leave one set with a friend or family member here in the states. If either of you goes missing—God forbid—this is the information the embassy and/or State Dept will ask for first.

2. Make additional copies of your passports and DLs and place copies in EACH piece of luggage. Very important in case your luggage gets lost.

3. File your itinerary with the U.S. Department of State. If—God forbid—either of you goes missing, this makes it easier for your loved ones in the U.S. to initiate an investigation into your whereverabouts.

4. Go online research medical centers near your resort, and specifically look for those with high level trauma centers. (In many Central and South American countries, there are two avenues of medical care: private pay facilities—in some countries, these are referred to as “clinicas”—and the free, government paid facilities—counterintuitively referred to as “hospitals.” Also, Johns-Hopkins has satellite hospitals in many countries around the world, which would provide an even higher level of medical care. Write down the name, address, and phone # of this facility in advance so you don’t have to try to find it in the middle of a medical emergency.

5. Make an “In Case of Emergency” card that each of you carries on your person at all times that includes the following information IN SPANISH: your name, where you’re staying, your emergency contact both with you and back home, name and # of your U.S. primary care physician, and a statement instructing emergency personnel to take you to the medical facility you previously identified (see #4).

6. If you have group health insurance, say, through your employer, call them and ask whether your benefits apply when you travel outside the U.S. Most do; in fact, some of the larger health insurance programs will have in-network doctors in cities and other tour destinations commonly frequented by U.S. travelers. Make sure to ask them exactly what kind of documentation they require in order to reimburse you. Often, it’s more detailed than that which would be required of you if you were treated here in the states.

7. And finally, purchase some international travel insurance for you and your spouse. For as little as a few dollars a day, you can purchase coverage that includes healthcare coverage (yes, in addition to your current insurance plan), medical evacuation for you AND for your spouse to accompany you (if you have a medical emergency requiring highly specialized services, i.e. robotic surgery, you’re better off having these performed by a U.S. doctor her in the states), emergency evacuation services (in the event of political instability, riots, or other insurrections, and a rider for “repatriation of remains.” This ensures that in the event you meet an untimely death while traveling, God forbid, your remains will immediately evacuated and will be flown, along with your spouse, back to the U.S.

A safe and pleasant trip is the ultimate goal and a reasonable expectation. However, in the event the unexpected happens, you will feel secure knowing you have plans in place to mitigate negative outcomes.

Safe travels.

Comment

Congrats Amigo!
                The Office for sure if its your first time.
                Giggling Marlin for a night after drinks. They told me it was fun.
                Ediths for a steak if you want to spend a little bit.
                Sancho's Tacos down by the marina is owned or operated by some TX ppl and a great place to grab lunch and drinks.
                Book your ride to/from airport before you leave 100%. You will get bombarded with people trying to get you in the car.
                Take a taxi and not Uber unless they changed the rules for Uber.

They're catching big swordfish on surface bite right now so that could be pretty exciting if you go offshore.

Comment

Our favorite spot is Captain Tony’s

And grab some tacos at Tacos Gus

Comment

It's been a while and may not be there....but I remember a place called the trailer park...or something like that. Shrimp were amazing! disclaimer...I was drinking alot!

Comment

So, you got married. You are no longer my hero. You’re dead to me.

Comment

The Office - drop mike

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                          The Office - drop mike
                          x2

Comment

X2 on Trailer Park if still open

Comment

If you go to the office try and sit as close to the water as you can. The beach there is supposed to be the only one you can actually get in the water close to town.

Take dark sun glasses cause the scenery is great

Comment

Originally posted by Pokey View Post
                                X2 on Trailer Park if still open
                                last I heard they are closed

Comment

Working...
                                X