Spirit vs Genesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tpack View Post
    This is my Weber Genesis that I refurbished last year. It was 7 years old at the time and I could have waited another year , but I went ahead and replaced all the burners, flavorizer bars and electric flame igniter. It all cost me less than 200 bucks.

[/QUOTE]

Did you think to call about warranty replacement of the parts? Weber promotes their 10 year warranty pretty hard.

Comment

I have the Genesis with the side cabinets and absolutely love it. Have had it probably 8-9 years now.
      Here it is under a foot of snow not too long ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the same grill as tpack and it’s solid after 5 years. I’ll probably replace the flavorizer bars and the heat deflectors in the bottom in the next year or so. Glad I bought it, use it 3-4 nights a week.

Comment

Anybody know what the differences are between the Spirit and Genesis? I’m looking at the same two right now myself.

Comment

Nothing to add that hasn’t already been stated.

Comment

I have been running a 3 burner Spirit since 2006-07ish. Still going strong. No complaints except where they put the auto igniter button (very susceptible to the elements). Looks like they have resolved that issue on the new ones though. When I first bought it, I bought the heavy duty full cast iron upgraded grates and those suckers are still going strong. I think I have I keep them well seasoned using it all the time. Now I have replaced the flavorizer bars twice since original purchase....but both sets cost less than $25 on Ebay. I'd buy another one tomorrow if I needed one. Never thought to myself while using it that I should have bought a Genesis, but if you want to go all out and fancy, getrdone! You just can't go wrong with a Weber either way.

good pic of the grates in pic one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Asp2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	24649784

Name:	00BB3.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	24649781

Name:	000BB1.jpg
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	24649782

Name:	Ribeye2.jpg
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	24649783
              Last edited by Smart; 04-26-2021, 07:14 PM.

Comment

I have a Genesis 3-burner that is well over 10 years old, probably closer to 15. We use it quite often, probably an average of 3 times per week. It's just now to the point that I'm going to have to replace the guts. I "super cleaned" it with Easy Off oven cleaner and a pressure washer about 4 years ago. It works well for the wife and I, and can accommodate larger gatherings when all the kids/grandkids come over. Sorry for the photos taken at night.

Name:	g1.jpg
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	24649785

Name:	g2.jpg
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	24649786

It lives on a covered back porch, probably one of the reasons it has survived so long. We love it, paid about $750 for it from Home Depot or Lowe's (can't remember) back in the day.

ETA: Those three light-colored rusty looking things are what's left of the flavorizer bars.

Stu
                Last edited by Cottonfish; 04-26-2021, 08:10 PM. Reason: ETA

Comment

Did you think to call about warranty replacement of the parts? Weber promotes their 10 year warranty pretty hard.[/QUOTE]

No I didn`t. Should have.

Comment

This is year 3 of the 3 burner, stainless Spirit

Absolutely love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SS Genisis here, about 10 years old. Replaced the flavor bars about 3 years back. It is an awesome grill. It just recently got a thorough cleaning. The other one that lives here said she took the SS grates and put hem in a trash back with ammonia and they practically come out looking brand new. I had never heard of that. Well anyway, I am a Weber guy, other than the Weber Genisis we have a 18" Smokey Mountain smoker, a 22" Weber kettle and a 12" Weber kettle for the RV. Just saying...........cC

Comment

Working...
                      X