No announcement yet.

School me on AR triggers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are lots of good options out there. I’ve ran several different ones. The larue will be hard to beat for the price point.

I will say though that optics planet will run specials on different ones and if you wait you can get a better trigger for a little more. Last year I got a trigger tech two stage from them for $116 shipped on July 4th and it blows the larue out of the water. Wish I had bought a bunch of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Polish yours and get a jp enterprises reduced spring kit. Much cheaper and more fun.

Comment

Can’t go wrong with LARUE MBT.

Comment

Trigger tech and cmc are my go to.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Summary. The best AR trigger available in the world is the [insert what ever you own] trigger. Man it’s sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
              Polish yours and get a jp enterprises reduced spring kit. Much cheaper and more fun.
              I don't remember what spring kit I purchased, but this is what I did. I couldn't believe what a difference it made in the trigger performance. It went from feeling like extra gritty sandpaper, to butter.........

Comment

Comment

My timney and cmc work great. If i built another one i would go with trigger tech.

Comment

Larue is the best option for $90, but it’s far from the best option. Geissele is what all my rifles wear, but if I were doing it over today they’d be running Triggertech Diamonds. I currently run SDE and SD3G depending on usage. There’s been a few other triggers over the years that have made me give them a second look, but the Diamond is the only one that made me want to swap. I haven’t bought an AR trigger in 5+ years, and kinda just stick with what I have though.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      Larue is the best option for $90, but it’s far from the best option. Geissele is what all my rifles wear, but if I were doing it over today they’d be running Triggertech Diamonds. I currently run SDE and SD3G depending on usage. There’s been a few other triggers over the years that have made me give them a second look, but the Diamond is the only one that made me want to swap. I haven’t bought an AR trigger in 5+ years, and kinda just stick with what I have though.

This is exactly what my setups are like either Geisselle SDE or 3G. I’ve not tried a TT and I haven’t built an AR in several years either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've got three CMC triggers. They are good. Made a really big difference in myblong range shooting for sure. My R15 I've made several shots at yotes and pigs in the 175 to 250 yards ranges and bullets are popping them exactly where I had the crosshairs. Clean breaks, smooth with very little take up or over travel.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnG View Post
                          Same here!
                          I have three of the CMC 2.5lb triggers now and love them. I just ordered one the other day for $130 shipped with KNS pins. I have used Timney, CMC, POF, Rise Armament, Trybe Defense, and Hyperfire. My favorite is the Hyperfire Eclipse that breaks at close to 2 pounds, the CMC is a close second.
                          Last edited by bloodtrail18; 04-25-2021, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I have always used Rock River 2 stage. Works for me.

Comment

You guys are no help, I'm more confused now with way too many options LMAO

Comment

Just a little input on my part. I’ve ram triggers from a lot of the top names and my top two choices would be a trigger tech diamond or there is a guy who owns a small company and sells through gunbroker. I believe the companies name is BlackWidow Triggers, they are phenomenal, and fairly affordable being a small company. The one I have is a 2.5lb curved drop in group, no take up very crisp break on pull and a super tactile reset. IMO one of the best feeling ones out there, but that’s just my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
                                X