Looks like building a deer blind will cost you $500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like building a deer blind will cost you $500

OSB is now $45 for a sheet of 4X8.....I build my house two years ago and it was $12.25 a sheet. Nuts.

I’m getting a bid on new construction right now, contractor said it’s the first time in his life he has ever quoted a bid with a “materials allowance” instead of knowing what the materials would most likely cost. Prices are changing daily

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
      I’m getting a bid on new construction right now, contractor said it’s the first time in his life he has ever quoted a bid with a “materials allowance” instead of knowing what the materials would most likely cost. Prices are changing daily
      We signed on a new construction about 2 months ago and their price for the same house has gone up over $30k in that 2 months. Crazy times

Comment

I'm in the middle of a home build now. I purchased 8 full sheets of 3/4" sanded maple plywood a couple of weeks ago for a special part of the build. I paid $65 for each sheet...builder’s cost at the time. He told me today that it’s $77 a sheet.

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
        All I’ll say is I’m ecstatic that we didn’t decide to go Cost Plus as so many people suggested. We’ve been under a Hard Cost contract with our builder since the beginning of our build last July. Items like the lumber pack, foundation, brick, electrical, paint and plumbing are all considered “hard cost items”. Only the traditional “selection items” (ie, cabinets, flooring, light fixtures, appliances, etc) have “allowances”.

I’m telling you....we are blessed and extremely fortunate we got in under contract right before things absolutely BLEW UP!

Comment

My wife works for a home builder. She told me the frame pack on a 2900 sqft house they were building was $46k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's the reason my rifle blind sold quick you could build it for it was asking.

Comment

I’m gonna tear my house down and sell the lumber. Make more doing that than selling it, it sounds like.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
                I’m gonna tear my house down and sell the lumber. Make more doing that than selling it, it sounds like.
                No joke!

Comment

I have roughly 5000 under roof and it cost me $34K two years ago. Basically a 3600 sq ft house.
                  Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  My wife works for a home builder. She told me the frame pack on a 2900 sqft house they were building was $46k.

Comment

I told a new customer last month my quotes are only good for 10 days as material pricing is so volatile. He said my excuse was “ladened with oddities” and he would take his business elsewhere lol! They walk among us and vote.

Comment

Can it even continue like this for much longer? I mean, seriously, at some point the material costs will be so high that the total cost of a home will be out of many folks reach, right? Does that mean demand will go down and this "bubble" will burst? Honest question.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
                        Can it even continue like this for much longer? I mean, seriously, at some point the material costs will be so high that the total cost of a home will be out of many folks reach, right? Does that mean demand will go down and this "bubble" will burst? Honest question.
                        Different theories are floating around. One is the housing market will crash based on all the foreclosures that are about to happen. (Covid relief ends and people now have to pay their rent and mortgage) The other is create a false narrative(lumber shortage) to slow the growth down or increase profits. etc etc....Not sure if anyone knows, maybe the lumber companies are tired of getting beat on price and now want a bigger piece of the pie.

Comment

It’s crazy!! I have a few pallets laying around that I couldn’t give away a few months ago and now people are paying $30-40 each! Haha

Comment

Builder up here said he is charging $250 a sq ft up from $150

Supply a d demand can be a b

Comment

I work for an OSB manufacturer and we get twice weekly pricing updates...it went up again today. Normally when prices were just half what they are now we see our inventory build up because sales drop but that isn't happening now- we can't make enough. I figure that as soon as Biden raises taxes and all the money printing kicks in, we will see inflation kick in and interest rates will rise- if they get as high as they were during the Carter administration we are all screwed.

Comment

Working...
                              X