Primer prices - yikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
    A month ago, I bought primers for $4.00 per 100. Today, I went by the same place and paid $15 per 100 for Federal small pistol primers and then something like $11 per 100 for CCI small pistol primers. Stupidly, you have to buy a pound of powder or a box of bullets, then they will let you buy 100 CCI primers. I can get probably 2500 380s out of a lb. of powder. So only being able to buy 100 primers per lb. of powder makes no sense what so ever. Obviously the person who came up with that BS plan, does not reload.
    Man I wish I could find federal small pistol primers. My match guns are tuned specifically for them.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
      Man I wish I could find federal small pistol primers. My match guns are tuned specifically for them.
      I got 500 today, buddy is supposed to pick up 500 more for me tomorrow. I could possibly have him pick up some for you.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
        I got 500 today, buddy is supposed to pick up 500 more for me tomorrow. I could possibly have him pick up some for you.
        PM sent

Comment

It’s highway robbery

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
            Sorry that’s a bogus price. Surprised a retailer that specializes in selling reloading products isn’t in tune better with the market prices and/or perfectly okay with screwing the shooting public. I picked up 400 at Bass Pro the other day for 20 bucks and some change. As stated, time to take your business elsewhere.

The quicker people stop paying inflated prices the quicker the market will stabilize and prices will fall more in line with historical numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm right there with ya.

Comment

anything under $80/1000 may end up being the new norm for the foreseable future. i read its already been stated by the big manufacturers that they're not going to build new plants for primers because they ultimately see this all passing in time. all reloading components have steadily been going up, like everything else in the world, for years. i bought some this weekend for $75/1000 out the door. higher than norm, but i look at it this way...its only .03-04 cents more per round, if i could order them, it would cost close to that after tax, shipping/hazmat fee and....at least i have them. can't find crap anywhere.

Comment

Just paid $94 plus shipping for 1k LRP on gunbroker.....

I feel dirty.... but happy to have some.

Comment

Working...
                X