No announcement yet.

New ride Suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a 2015 Explorer limited and had no issues. We traded it in for a used 2019 Ford explorer last year and it has been great so far.

Comment

Telluride, palisade, highlander are the 3 that lead that category consistently.

If you want domestic I'd compare either the escape/ equinox or the traverse/ explorer. More of an apples to apples.

We just sold our highlander after 6 years. I'm a big guy and it was the only one in that category I was comfortable to drive or ride behind driver with front seat all the way back. That said, the 3rd row on any of these is kinda useless for adults.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        My opinion is that she should expand what she is looking at outside of those three. They would have been at the bottom of the list of comparable vehicles. Also, typically you can get a much lower interest rate on new versus used.
        but then you are spending an extra $5k-$10k to save $1k-$3k

OP, not sure why she would be seeing higher interest rates on new. depending on credit, rates should be pretty similar unless you get a new one with 0%
        Last edited by duckmanep; 03-24-2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

My wife's Palisade is an excellent car.

Of the 3 listed, Explorer. But, that doesn't mean it's a very good car. It's just the best of the bottom of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by witotx View Post
            honestly, every suv is just about the same. Just put three pictures up on a dart board and throw a dart with a blindfold. You will be equally happy and disappointed, and have the same drab driving experience with each.

lol!!!!!

Comment

To get something reliable long term get away from the domestics. It pains me to say that but Toyota and Honda build a far superior vehicle.

We looked at the 2020 Ford Explorer and couldn’t justify paying the same or more than we paid for her Lexus and the quality is FAR higher on the Lexus.

You couldn’t pay me to get into any GM built mid size SUV. We drove several and like Sika said they were garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Appreciate all the information guys,
                Here is down side: One a Toyota is a little out of her price but, so is the Hyundai.
                And I have talked to people who own the Ford and they seem to like the room but, wish they never bought it.

Comment

Toyota four runner

Comment

Add the Mazda CX-9 to your list of options. My wife drives a 2020 CX-9 and it’s awesome.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wife has an ‘18 Explorer Platinum. It has been a great vehicle. We looked extensively and the Explorer checked all the boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        Honestly I’d look at a minivan before anything that size with a useless third row. Tahoe or Yukon size would be needed IMO
                        Originally posted by SN10 View Post
                        This. All the midsize SUVs third rows are useless. No storage when the third row is up. Minivan is the only one with a third row that still has available storage. Gonna have to move up to full-size SUV if you don’t like the minivan. That’s my take anyways...
                        Yep. ^

Wife and I tried hard to justify an SUV but couldn’t make the math work. We got a minivan that was several years newer, many fewer miles, and $10k+ cheaper than anything comparable in the third-row SUV class.

Comment

We got my wife a 2018 Kia Sorento, less than 30K miles, with the V6 3.5L (i would stay away from the 2.4L due to documented issues, 3.5L is supposed to be reliable as heck). It has a 3rd row, and as mentioned limited storage when it’s up, but you also aren’t buying a vehicle priced at 40K when it’s three years old like a suburban or other similar type vehicle. She loves it and the LX package was under 18K in December 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texasredneck View Post
                            Appreciate all the information guys,
                            Here is down side: One a Toyota is a little out of her price but, so is the Hyundai.
                            And I have talked to people who own the Ford and they seem to like the room but, wish they never bought it.

She’s either gonna pay it now or pay it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My suggestion is only look at Toyota,
                              Kia, Hyundai or a Honda. If she plan on keeping awhile.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

The Acura MDX has 3rd row. We have a 2016 and really like it. The Honda Pilot is dang near the same vehicle as the MDX just not as fancy. Excellent choice also. I’m a truck but I’ll take the wife’s MDX any chance I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X