New ride Suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ride Suggestions??

Ok without going into a lot of debate, my daughter is looking to find a Vehicle with 3rd row seating. She is looking at a GMC Terrian, Chevy Equinox and Ford Explorer.
    Somewhere between a 2016 and 2018, she doesn't want a new one because of the high interest rates. So what do your Ladies drive and what are some common problems you a have run into?? Thanks in advance.

Forgot to mention, I have done some research and read some reviews but, wanted to hear it from normal folks.
    Last edited by Texasredneck; 03-23-2021, 09:51 PM.

Not a fan of the Exploder (explorer). We have one. It is a pos.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 89 View Post
      Dang, I hate to hear that. A lady in admin has a new 4x4 exploder. It sure looks good in the parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 89 View Post
        Same here. Wife had a 2015 for a short time, we weren’t impressed.

Comment

Toyota 4Runner

Comment

My opinion is that she should expand what she is looking at outside of those three. They would have been at the bottom of the list of comparable vehicles. Also, typically you can get a much lower interest rate on new versus used.

Comment

Had a ‘15 Yukon Denali and will say dont even look at them. Total pos.

Wife just bought a ‘17 or ‘18 Nissan Armada Platinum and that thing is nice! Crap fuel mileage, but has every amenity you could ask for with tons of room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                Toyota 4Runner
                This

Comment

Honda Pilot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife had a ‘17 Explorer before getting her current Expedition and she loved it. We never had any issues and that eco boost engine had some giddy up. Her grandma drives a Terrain and I don’t feel like those are even in the same class as an Explorer.

Comment

We had poor luck with a brand new '15 Explorer Limited. A couple of years in it would randomly shut off on the highway. Ford couldn't fix it because they couldn't recreate the issue. When it happened on the toll road in a 75mph zone, it was time for it to go.

We ended up looking/driving them all, and ended up buying an Acura MDX with 35k miles on it. Not a single issue in the 3 years/37k miles since. That said, if it were a Pilot or a 4runner I would expect the same. Those are what I'd lean towards.

Comment

My wife has a Dodge Journey that has been a good little suv. It has 3rd row seats in it.

Comment

I would expand it out to include the Chevy Traverse. We bought new in summer of 19 so going on 3 years now with no issues and wanting to say we are about to hit 40K miles in next month or so. Been a great car has 3rd row seat lots of room in the back for vacations etc. AWD just enough luxury stuff to be nice but not over the top and small enough for the wife to drive it like a car and not run into things. Fuel mileage is decent but not all star level being around 20 MPG highway not pulling a trailer. Plenty of power as well to pull a 20 ft boat, small trailers etc. with out issues. Think we paid 32 ish in '19 for a new one. I am sure used ones can be had for in the 20s

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                            Toyota 4Runner
                            I agree...I'm working on my wife already, getting the seed sown for her next vehicle to be a 4Runner

Comment

Just get her a trackhawk and you will be dad of the year

Comment

Working...
                              X