TYHP Turkey hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TYHP Turkey hunt

This is petty, but it’s aggravating. TYHP is a great organization and Noah’s been on lots of hunts with them. Here’s my rub.

They posted a turkey hunt for the weekend of April 2-4. We applied and Noah was selected. He was pumped because, while he shot turkey with his rifle on a deer hunt last year, he’s never been on a real turkey hunt. A short while after receiving the notice of selection email, the huntmaster contacted the six kids selected noting they made a mistake and didn’t realize that was Easter weekend. Thus, they were going to change the date to the following week. UGH!

This is the only weekend Noah has had available due to his high school sports schedule all year so we had to decline.

My issue is that everybody applied for the hunt knowing full well what weekend it was. TYHP did the selections and then afterwards we were notified of the changed dates. I know it’s just a turkey hunt and not worth getting worked up over. We will apply again next year if his schedule allows. It would have been a fun weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get your point, but I think Sport Teams want to much.

The coach just would have been short a player, I would have accepted and taken the alternate weekend.

Comment

TYHP Turkey hunt

Originally posted by hopedale View Post

The coach just would have been short a player, I would have accepted and taken the alternate weekend.

It’s high school team sports, not select ball. Had it been select, we would be going hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post

scratching head

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
          It’s high school team sports, not select ball. Had it been select, we would be going hunting.

scratching head

Comment

if its free...beggars can't be choosers

Comment

TYHP is run by volunteers who often have family commitments to keep as well. I can see where someone picked a weekend almost a year in advance and wasn't until close to the hunt that they realized it was Easter.

I also see your point and know it is a HUGE disappointment for you and your son. Good luck and hope he gets a good one next year.

Comment

Take him hunting.

Comment

Yes it is petty ...but I understand disappointing the kids is never fun.

Comment

I think I would have given him the choice, hunt or play ball. Committing to/being part of a team is a big deal but if I had to do it all over I would have hunted with my grandpa over anything at that age. Time spent in the outdoors are lifetime memories, time spent on the field for high school sports not so much unless you are headed to college/pros. I can definitely see why you would be a little aggravated but...they did admit to the mistake, communication was there, and an alternate weekend was set to allow for the hunt to happen. If it didn’t fit into the schedule it’s unfortunate but seems like they made every attempt to make it right. I’ve heard nothing but good stuff about TYHP, this just sounds like an honest mistake. Hopefully, the youngster that fills y’all’s spot gets to experience a good hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                      This is petty, but it’s aggravating. TYHP is a great organization and Noah’s been on lots of hunts with them. Here’s my rub.

They posted a turkey hunt for the weekend of April 2-4. We applied and Noah was selected. He was pumped because, while he shot turkey with his rifle on a deer hunt last year, he’s never been on a real turkey hunt. A short while after receiving the notice of selection email, the huntmaster contacted the six kids selected noting they made a mistake and didn’t realize that was Easter weekend. Thus, they were going to change the date to the following week. UGH!

This is the only weekend Noah has had available due to his high school sports schedule all year so we had to decline.

My issue is that everybody applied for the hunt knowing full well what weekend it was. TYHP did the selections and then afterwards we were notified of the changed dates. I know it’s just a turkey hunt and not worth getting worked up over. We will apply again next year if his schedule allows. It would have been a fun weekend...

I'm very frustrated with TYHP this year.

Wish their website allowed you to fill out your hunter info, then apply for hunts by clicking the button. Instead you have to re-fill out the form for every hunt and then there is no way to track the hunts you've applied for.
                      I like the old website better.

But then I think of how great an organization it is, and how its run by volunteers that are human just like me. My daughter has had some great hunts with them.

Comment

Working...
                      X