No announcement yet.

Deer Lease cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junction is a very nice rugged area. Costs just keep going up on leases and you have to pay, if you want to stay on good properties. Try using this time to renegotiate the terms of your lease. Perhaps lock in the lease price for 5 years and ask for a few weekends of Axis hunting outside of the whitetail season. $4,500 per gun would be acceptable, where as $3,250 is a heck of a deal.

Comment

As a point of reference, I put my 65ish acre place up for lease (one gun) about a month ago when my current lessee decided to buy his own land. I do have permanent water and it's year-round. Surrounded by bigger places with a lot of animals. I listed it at $4K and my email got blown up. I had a dozen "I'll take it" within the first 1/2 day. I took it back down as I'm not sure I want to lease again and may sell the property so please don't PM me, lol.

There are a lot more hunters chasing the places within an hour of a major city than there is supply. I think the above is a great deal, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Todd View Post
        That’s a fair price truthfully if he went to $4500 someone would pay it though
        My guess as well..

Comment

I know of a landowner in Mason County that was getting $40 per acre for I believe 1000 acres a couple years ago, don't imagine its gone down any. Modest old house included in lease and there was also a 5-10 acre lake you could fish on.

10 hunters, 4k per hunter.

Comment

That's way high. PM me his number.

Comment

4 hunters, 350 acres, $2500 per gun (plus feed). Kimble County with no exotics.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                4 hunters, 350 acres, $2500 per gun (plus feed). Kimble County with no exotics.
                This is too many hunters for the acres in my opinion, as I don't think it can sustain 4 mature bucks being killed every year with the hunting pressure around. So I am basically looking at it like $3,333 per gun for 3 hunters.

Comment

Depends on what you want. I pay 370 a year on a place I've been going to since 1985. Not any trophies but we have a good time and kill a couple of mature bucks. 700 acres

Comment

“Nice house” makes it a great deal.

I will say this.... having axis deer and not being able to hunt them in the “off season” would be tough. I would be pulling out the checkbook and trying to negotiate a deal, assuming there are decent axis on the place.

Comment

Working...
                    X