No announcement yet.

Deer Lease cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

240 acres per hunter with a nice house and an occasional axis.........that is a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      Not being able To use It year round I think your paying to much
      Same for me, but when it comes to leasing, it costs what it costs. And somebody will pay it.

Comment

Bird in hand. Change and you run risk of a horrible land owner.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised with a $500 bump per hunter. Not having year round access does take away from it abit.

Comment

Would cost you more than 3,200 to kill a 30in axis and 130in wt. if it went up to 4K people would still pay it. We pay 2,800 total for 250 acres in San Saba county

Comment

for what you are getting and not year round access i think you are overpaying. if you had year round access it would be more justified. but I still wouldn't pay that for 130" lease.

Comment

Here’s the real answer, I’d pay $4,000 for what you have. Some may not, but I bet there’s at least 9 more that would. He could fill it in a heart beat.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                  Here’s the real answer, I’d pay $4,000 for what you have. Some may not, but I bet there’s at least 9 more that would. He could fill it in a heart beat.
                  This is true, and I bet it wouldn't take long to find 9 more. Leases are extremely hard to find. The one I am on is by no means ideal, but it was available and my wife loves the hill country. Happy wife happy life.
                  Last edited by Hockley; 03-02-2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Not bad if the landowner is good. I paid 3200 plus corn and protein for our lease where we shot 130" trophies with the occasional 150". Got trophy, cull/mgmt, and 2 does each. no exotics.

Comment

That's $13.54 per acre. Not bad, even for a season only lease. Not a screaming bargain, but he could get more. I wouldn't pay a huge amount more without year round access and more axis. But $15/acre or so for what you stated would be reasonable to me.

Comment

That’s a fair price truthfully if he went to $4500 someone would pay it though

Comment

Sounds like yall are getting a fair deal. It would be a great deal if you had year round access.

Edit: But I will say that the landowner will find someone willing to pay more. The question is when and how long will they stay on. Hopefully he has a comfort factor with you guys since you been there for 5 years and hopefully he knows yall will be on it for quite some time. There should be a value associated with both of those things that are in your favor.
                          Last edited by Fordnandez; 03-02-2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

No axis in offseason? That sucsk

Comment

Not worth $13.50 an acre IMO

I'm in Val Verde and everything around us was $8 or less per acre with water, electric, and exotics before the Anthrax.

Having a good landowner and already being set up is a huge plus

Comment

Mine are a little different in price per acre, even the ones on same ranch:
                                #1. $2100/ Hunter, 2500 acres, 4 hunters total. Can pay $1500 kill fee for axis or aoudad, includes turkeys.

#2. $2100/ Hunter, 3500 acres, 5 hunters total. Same rules as above, as it is just a separate pasture on same ranch.

#3. $3300 / Hunter, 6500 acres, 16 hunters total. Exotics, whitetail, turkeys, etc.

Year round access to all places.

Comment

Working...
                                X