*Winter Weather Coming*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Our phones are going crazy to get someone out to look at fireplaces..."you mean they can't come out tomorrow??"

Go make that money!!

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
      Category 5 of a winter storm? God I hope not.

-23 F is the record low for Texas, might break it in the panhandle. Wow

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/...y-5-hurricane/
      Hard to believe that -23° wasn’t in the Northern panhandle.

Not going to be fun for those living in tent cities around the metroplex and Austin.

Comment

I know people gotta work but I'd try to hunker down for the next 6 days as best as you can. Freezing rain in my mind is the worst type of weather there is. I think I fear that crap more than big naders.

Comment

We got called in off the road in Austin today. That has never happened before.
          They say we will start late tomorrow. lol

Comment

*Winter Weather Coming*

We lost power a couple hours ago so the whole house being electric is sucking atm. Wishing I would have already installed a pot belly stove. Oh well, looks like a card night and amazing cooking at grandmas is in our near future.
            Last edited by Backwoods101; 02-11-2021, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              Where are yall headed?
              Back out to the Benjamin area.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
                Back out to the Benjamin area.
                should be good. We didn't make it out west one time this year for various reasons. Shoot some for me!!!

Comment

We were caught off guard here as things got much worse than predicted for Thursday. I was working in Cotulla yesterday and had planned to haul *** back home early this morning to winterize the house before the real cold weather hit. Barely made it home the roads were so bad and an outdoor pipe is broke so had to shut off water everywhere. Fixing to go out and try to cap the pipe in the sleet.

Comment

Is 290 through Austin and west passable? Is taking a shot a Pedernales Falls even doable? Seems like the freezing rain and ice are much worse than forecast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                      Is 290 through Austin and west passable? Is taking a shot a Pedernales Falls even doable? Seems like the freezing rain and ice are much worse than forecast.

I wouldn’t come this way if you paid me. Thought I was gonna break something just trying to open the door to my truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have to give it to you.....you are ****ed determined to get out there!

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood View Post
                          heh, it's a trend, we have thousands living in brand new tents, thanks to the mayor and city council of austin, as well.:d
                          fify

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
                            I was called in to work during that arctic blast when the units shut down and was on the end of a weed burner trying to thaw lines out so we could towards starting back up. I am hoping we fair better this time around. Unfortunately i am living in my RV and hoping i can keep everything from freezing.
                            Are you still with them? I ask because I am curious if y’all did anything other than building a wall around them.

Micheal

Comment

TP&W was on the weather channel saying stay home if going to stonewall & Johnson city, I would call them
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 02-11-2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                                Are you still with them? I ask because I am curious if y’all did anything other than building a wall around them.

Micheal
                                Yes, we built walls, installed freeze protection on all critical equipment, and have Severe Weather protocols in place. Going to be a long 5-6 days for our guys trying to keep things running.

Comment

Working...
                                X