No announcement yet.

Living 45 min from DFW airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to commute to DFW from Mansfield. Without traffic it’s 1/2 hour. Mansfield has grown up a lot in the 19 years we’ve lived here but still kept a bit of its small town charm. That said property has become ridiculously expensive and taxes are through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
      we don't want you near. Stay in Lubbock
      Ali- let Leah know!

Originally posted by MLank View Post
      Where is the family located? Let's see if we can get you within 45min of DFW and 20-30 min of family as well.
      Family lives in Bedford/Euless, with a sister moving from Kansas IF her husband can find a job. 5 hrs is close enough for me already

Originally when this came up a few years ago, Abilene was as far west and as much of a compromise as I considered....

Comment

Decatur Springtown paradise Boyd Rhome arouora

I live in sw wise county bw 199 and 114 I can be parked in the garage at my terminal in 50 min +/-. I have a good spread and can see 1 neighbor from my place. Get west of the metro near 287 or 114. Very rural and a quick trip to dfw.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by savage1134 View Post
          Justin, Argyle, Ponder, Krum

I live in Justin, office is near the airport. Not a bad drive currently with less travel on the roads. 114 can be a beach sometimes.
          These spots are all pretty good location and space wise, though are varied in reputation of schools. Argyle was one of the first to allow their staff to conceal carry on campus, but last I saw land is about $100k/acre. They also have one of the top rated private schools in the state there (liberty Christian). I live just north Krum in Sanger, about 3 min from Ray Roberts marina. I grew up in arlington, went to school in mansfield (highest property taxes ever) and went to college in irving and then plano. I love every minute of being outside the crap of the metromess.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Ali- let Leah know!
            Leah may kick my @$$, and then when y'all do move closer to family, they're all gonna fight and not talk with each other...
            Last edited by ATI; 01-13-2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
              Decatur Springtown paradise Boyd Rhome arouora

I live in sw wise county bw 199 and 114 I can be parked in the garage at my terminal in 50 min +/-. I have a good spread and can see 1 neighbor from my place. Get west of the metro near 287 or 114. Very rural and a quick trip to dfw.

This area.

Comment

You are right and she is wrong. I would suggest she knows what she would be getting into. Maybe spend some extended time in area closer to her family and see if she really wants to give up the shower paced life of the panhandle. It is a real beatdown living in the metromess. Even if you live in the burbs you will be fighting traffic. Only thing worse is living in H-town. You will miss your close hunting opportunities you have in the panhandle now
                Last edited by .243 WSSM; 01-13-2021, 08:56 AM.

Comment

No chance I ever go back to Dallas as a resident again!!!!! Couldn't pay me enough

Dallas: where everyone lives to impress on a credit card

Comment

Corinth, Highland Village, Flower Mound, and Argyle are all north of DFW ( I still work there for the next 100 days) and easily within 45 minutes. Good shopping and easy connects to the major highways/toll roads.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                      This area.

Seems in line with what OP is looking for!

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                        You are right and she is wrong. I would suggest she knows what she would be getting into. Maybe spend some extended time in area closer to her family and see if she really wants to give up the shower paced life of the panhandle. It is a real beatdown living in the metromess. Even if you live in the burbs you will be fighting traffic. Only thing worse is living in H-town. You will miss your close hunting opportunities you have in the panhandle now
                        Word!

Comment

Originally posted by Randallc View Post
                          Brock
                          Weatherford
                          I moved to weatherford 6 1/2 years ago. Has everything you need, and only 20 minutes to fort worth. love living in this area

Comment

Are you hellbent on flying out of DFW or can you go out of Love Field? I fly almost exclusively Southwest so it’s a no brainer for me. And trust me, Love is a lot less of a nut kick to get in and out of than DFW that’s for sure.
                            We are in Kaufman County and it’s about a 40 minute drive for me to Love right now.

Comment

I'm in Gunter. Probably closer to an hour from DFW, but we have more space and feel out in the country a bit. It's nice!

Comment

I live in SW Fort Worth near Crowley & commute to Irving near DFW airport everyday; it takes me 35 min from my front door to work when I go in with no traffic, and one hour home everyday in traffic.
                                As other have said, take a look at Weatherford or Brock, I dont have children but have heard that Brock has a very good school district if you all have kids. I have driven thru Rendon a few times west of Mansfield and it seems nice as well, still has a country feel to it with lots of land and houses not right on top of each other

Comment

Working...
                                X