Living 45 min from DFW airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living 45 min from DFW airport

Suggest some areas/towns within 45 mins of DFW airport. My wife is pressing for us to move and be closer to her family. I work from home 75% of the time and travel, so being near a major airport certainly has some advantages.

I’m doing this in protest. I’d rather wake up with my left nut in a bear trap than live anywhere near the metromess. Seems no matter where you live on the outskirts it eventually encroaches on top of you....

Godley

Comment

I live in North Richland Hills (middle of the metromess) and I don't think you can live within 45 minutes of DFW and not be in a mess. you could go right at 45 minutes/hour and get some nice houses north of McKinney near Celina but that's pretty expensive. Haslet is a nice area but is slowly growing into a mess as well.

Places to look up:
      Haslet
      Azle
      Aledo
      Argyle
      Weatherford
      Celina
      Melissa
      Prosper

a lot of these will be closer to an hour from DFW, good luck!

Comment

Argyle. 30 minutes from DFW Airport, still can get some space.

Comment

We lived in Arlington, but if I were moving back I’d be looking at the Mansfield area off 287

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We lived in Arlington off Bowen and Abrams. 20-30 minutes to the airport depending on traffic. If there happened to be a bad accident on 20 or 360 it could take an hour to get there. We are so glad to be out of that craziness.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Brock
              Weatherford

Comment

I'm south of Granbury and loving it. Was traveling ~60% when I moved here June of 19 and have been home 98% since china virus started. Wife misses city conveniences and goes to Fort Worth every other weekend. Granbury does not have a sporting goods store, Target, SAMS/Costco and such but works fine for me. Probably average 1:10 to DFW if I schedule super early or after rush hour. Toll charges are nasty but the company pays so I don't care.

Comment

Weatherford, Aledo, Willow Park, Hudson Oaks, Granbury are west/south of Ft Worth. All growing like weeds but not as hectic as the metromess. Probably not within 45 min though but not too far

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

we don't want you near. Stay in Lubbock

Comment

Where is the family located? Let's see if we can get you within 45min of DFW and 20-30 min of family as well.

Comment

Prosper and Celina are good areas and schools

Comment

Justin, Argyle, Ponder, Krum

I live in Justin, office is near the airport. Not a bad drive currently with less travel on the roads. 114 can be a beach sometimes.

Comment

depends on how much space you want. If 45min is without traffic you have a lot of options. When we lived in south fort worth what normally was a 35min drive for my wife to get to the office was 1 1/2 -2 hours each way with rush hour traffic. If I wanted more space I'd be going to Mansfield or Weatherford. Aledo, Argyle, Roanoke all those places are already so built up imo it's no different than getting right in the middle of DFW. I think Justin and Haslet would be good too, my buddy bought up there a couple years ago and everyone in his neighborhood is 1ac lots min

I like Coppell but we both work from home right now so don't deal with traffic. Everything is here, good schools, 10min to the airport since in normal times I travel a lot for work, but it's in the middle of everything so there are a lot of people.

Comment

Celina you can find some space but it’s filling up quick.

Comment

Working...
                              X