Barn Rat Warfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    I'm not about to admit how many of that guys "Mousetrap Monday" videos I have watched in the last two days....but it's less than 17.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
      Ive thought about making something similar to this for the shop. We get them in there every winter. When I was in college, we lived a block away from a feed mill in Stephenville. Moved into the house, and a couple nights later, there was major noise in the attic. I thought it must be coons by the noise. Turned out to be the biggest rats I have ever seen. We had a little cairn terrior, and the rats were not much smaller than she was. I was brushing my teeth one morning and notice something out of the corner of my eye. There was one of the bastages sitting on top of the water heater. When our eyes met, he jumped straight at me. I ducked and the little dog was on him like stink on ****. She made quick work of him and took it to show my wife in bed. She didn't think that was funny. Needless to say, we moved pretty quick after that.
      lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I'm not about to admit how many of that guys "Mousetrap Monday" videos I have watched in the last two days....but it's less than 17.
        Me too !

Seems like I have wasted an entire day of billing watching Mousetrap Mondays.....like a drug addict watching.

Comment

I do this for mice and red squirrels.

I use the large wood base rat traps. Screw them to a small chunk of 4 by 4 so they can't carry the trap off. I then super glue a piece of corn to the catch so they can't steal it. This really works well.

Comment

I like that idea

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
              Ive thought about making something similar to this for the shop. We get them in there every winter. When I was in college, we lived a block away from a feed mill in Stephenville. Moved into the house, and a couple nights later, there was major noise in the attic. I thought it must be coons by the noise. Turned out to be the biggest rats I have ever seen. We had a little cairn terrior, and the rats were not much smaller than she was. I was brushing my teeth one morning and notice something out of the corner of my eye. There was one of the bastages sitting on top of the water heater. When our eyes met, he jumped straight at me. I ducked and the little dog was on him like stink on ****. She made quick work of him and took it to show my wife in bed. She didn't think that was funny. Needless to say, we moved pretty quick after that.
              Ha! I bet your wife was real proud of that dog

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                LOL. I couldn't watch him that long. I might have watch 5 or 6.

Comment

Tagged for the update.

Comment

This is almost as good as gut shooting hogs.

Comment

Where are the LDP"s?

Comment

Ive been watching air gun videos on YouTube. shooting rats with night vision looks like fun. Hope there is never a shortage of compressed air.

Comment

I second the recommendation for One Bite. I get rats in my garage mostly in the winter time and this takes care of them in one feeding as advertised. The only downside is they sometimes die behind the freezer and I have to find them and take them out.

Comment

Get some mink... https://youtu.be/GGhkJ9W2vKo

Comment

Originally posted by black42 View Post
                              That was freaking cool!!

Comment

I'm just checking to see if Curt had better luck on this thread than he has on the thread in ATC.

Comment

Working...
                                X