Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may not be the right section for this but What grain arrow do y'all shoot. Is 330 to light for white tail? I'm shooting a 28 in. Drawlength at 65lbs. I'm new in the bow hunting game.

You need to post this thread in the "Around the Campfire" forum. That is, unless you are shooting 65#@28" longbow or recurve! But judging from those arrow weights, I am pretty safe in assuming you are a compound shooter.

IMHO, if you are only a target shooter, then go with the lighter arrow which will shoot flatter for long shots at 3D targets. If you are a hunter, go with the heavier arrow. You will see great returns in a heavy arrow for hunting.

In either case, make sure that your arrow is well tuned!

Bisch

Comment

It depends on which arrow you choose/shoot. Some go by the 250, 350, 500 etc and some go by 5570, etc. what kind of arrows do you have or want

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefLA3 View Post
        This may not be the right section for this but What grain arrow do y'all shoot. Is 330 to light for white tail? I'm shooting a 28 in. Drawlength at 65lbs. I'm new in the bow hunting game.
        I think you're misunderstanding the numbers on the side of the arrow shaft and the packaging a little bit. The numbers you're referring to are the level of stiffness of the arrow shaft, not the weight of the arrow. The weight of the arrow will depend on the final product after cutting, adding broadhead, etc. The weight of a given particular shaft is measured in Grains Per Inch (GPI) the arrows and /or packaging will say something like 7.3 gpi, or 8.4 gpi.

The lower the number, the stiffer the shaft. There will be a chart to look at near the arrows, or on the boxes of arrows. You can compare your draw weight to draw length to find the generally proper spine stiffness for your set up. Generally, the stiffer the spine, the more GPI you have in a given particular make and model of arrow.

If I've screwed up this explanation, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me.

Comment

Most arrow manufacturers will have a chart to help you figure it out.

Gary

Comment

Working...
          X