No announcement yet.

Silencer/Suppressor Bill making some headway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wait is what's kept me from the acquisition. I would love to see it pass

Comment

Silencer/Suppressor Bill making some headway

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
      I seen the double post. But the triple thread? Talent

Lol

Tapatalk kept kicking it back and locking up on me.
      I didn't even think one went through much less 3. I really just gave up and then POOF....I'm instantly THAT GUY! [emoji41]

Hope the mods help clear it up and remove the double/triple threads.
      Last edited by cattlelackranch; 01-15-2017, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Hope it passes, I would love to have a silenced 22, but $1,000 love.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          ...or the three stamps I have paid for as of a couple weeks ago.
          If the bill passes as written you would receive a refund for those stamps. Freeing up funds to purchase another without the wait and donation to the BATF.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
            The only bad thing will be increase prices on cans.
            I've wondered about that, and it could go either way IMO. On one hand, people are used to paying $800 for a can plus a $200 tax stamp, and then waiting 6 months for it. The suppressor manufacturers (or more likely dealers) raising prices to $1,000 but being able to take it home today would seem like a better deal. Not to mention that a lot of people that have been putting off buying them will now, so they will be flying off the shelves and hard to keep in stock. I expect this to happen short term.

On the other hand, there hasn't been much of a push for cheaper suppressors from consumers. When you're paying a $200 stamp and have to wait 6 months to get it. you want something that is well made and going to last a long time. There is also a relatively low number of cans sold every year, so it is tough for new companies to enter the market and drive competition, not to mention economies of scale. People will want cheaper cans, there will be more manufacturers, more cans sold, technology will progress faster, and non-flagship cans will drop in price. I except this to happen long term.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
              I've wondered about that, and it could go either way IMO. On one hand, people are used to paying $800 for a can plus a $200 tax stamp, and then waiting 6 months for it. The suppressor manufacturers (or more likely dealers) raising prices to $1,000 but being able to take it home today would seem like a better deal. Not to mention that a lot of people that have been putting off buying them will now, so they will be flying off the shelves and hard to keep in stock. I expect this to happen short term.

On the other hand, there hasn't been much of a push for cheaper suppressors from consumers. When you're paying a $200 stamp and have to wait 6 months to get it. you want something that is well made and going to last a long time. There is also a relatively low number of cans sold every year, so it is tough for new companies to enter the market and drive competition, not to mention economies of scale. People will want cheaper cans, there will be more manufacturers, more cans sold, technology will progress faster, and non-flagship cans will drop in price. I except this to happen long term.
              Just wait until all the cheapos get into it if the bill were to pass.

Bet they'll make you eat your words

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                Just wait until all the cheapos get into it if the bill were to pass.

Bet they'll make you eat your words
                ....then just buy something more reputable or higher dollar...??

Also, there's plenty of other special clubs you can join bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
                  ....then just buy something more reputable or higher dollar...??

Also, there's plenty of other special clubs you can join bud.
                  Didn't know I geared that post towards you. My apologies "bud"

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                    Didn't know I geared that post towards you. My apologies "bud"
                    It wasn't, just wasn't following your logic is all. Wasn't trying to ruffle feathers. I personally think it's a good idea fwiw.

Comment

It's good that this is making the news cycle.

The crazy thing is it will drive the tertiary players out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

So I understand that you will get a tax stamp refund on any "recent" suppressor purchases, that's awesome. But what will I do with my trust? Do I transfer my current cans to myself or do I leave them as trust property? Would it be possible or beneficial for me to somehow use my trust to purchase additional items if this does pass?

I'm all for this to pass!

But... Like 150class, I guess I'm gonna have to find another "cool kid" club to join. But I'm running out of clubs. The hipsters ruined beards, craft brews, and flannel for me.

Comment

Leave them in the trust and put everything else in the trust and use the trust as an estate planning tool

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I wonder when it can pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
                              If the bill passes as written you would receive a refund for those stamps. Freeing up funds to purchase another without the wait and donation to the BATF.
                              I'm sure I'll receive the cans before the govt gets around to passing this...it's exactly why I didn't wait as anything they do doesn't happen expediently. Hopefully they will do some sorta grandfather clause for us in the window, but I'm not gonna fret about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                ...or the three stamps I have paid for as of a couple weeks ago.

They can have my stamp money for my 2 if they will just fast track this through and instantly approve all stamps that are currently pending.

I'm at 199 days as of today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X