Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who on here had an AR/AK style gun before 2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't for a simple reason. That platform was developed for one purpose. To kill people. And my young person history told me I didn't need one to hunt with and I was very deadly with bolt style rifles. Plus I liked to bowhunt more.
    Then I got on a lease where multiple times I had multiple coyotes in range and two was the most I seemed to get real shots on. Same with big sounders of pigs. Then I realized the platform could work for me in ways I was too prejudiced to see for years.

I still understand the fundamental basis for this versatile platform and have a dedicated unit for just that purpose as my PDW.
    But my standard field units are set up for riding the cart and targets of opportunity from coons and skunks to coyotes and pigs.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Not a fan of anything multi shot...Bow/Crossbow/TC Encore/410 snake charmer..is all I use..I do own a pump 12ga/Marlin3030/357 Highway patrolman..they were my DADS..My take on it is if I cant Kill it with 1 shot ...I need more PRACTICE....If we at WAR thats a diff thing and I will reconsider

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
        I don’t know what’s best but I know what I’ve got at hand.
        I meant to quote Tom also. "I know what's best for me"

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          Again not really discussing what a government needs to tell you or not tell you. Just asking, if the AR was not available would you still be able to hunt and protect your family?

I prefer eating prime ribeyes and lobster but I don't need them to live everyday and if I only had Choice Sirloin and Potatoes I would prob still live life the same, but just have a little more money in my pocket.
          I think you already know the answer to that.
          We don't live in a society that JUST provides what you NEED.!!!

Comment

My thoughts as well, I hope I never find out but if I do it’s gonna be what I have easiest access to what I think myself or someone in my house will be most efficient with, if that need arises.

Comment

I had one before the boating accident back in 2020.

Comment

i was stopped years ago by a game warden as i entered my property. Nice warden,
                he asked how i was doing, going hunting. i said i am good, i have my daughter with me and we are going deer hunting. He said ok, he saw we both had glocks on our sides,
                one M4 Variant, two 308 rifles. he asked what we shoot with the M4. I told him that was my only daughter, we hunt 30 miles north of The Border, South of Encinal. He understood and went on his way.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                  Not a fan of anything multi shot...Bow/Crossbow/TC Encore/410 snake charmer..is all I use..I do own a pump 12ga/Marlin3030/357 Highway patrolman..they were my DADS..My take on it is if I cant Kill it with 1 shot ...I need more PRACTICE....If we at WAR thats a diff thing and I will reconsider

I am at war with pigs…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never wanted to hold another plastic rifle after I got out of the Army.

Comment

I prefer my single shot that can hit a pie plate at half a mile away.

Comment

Comment

Hahaha…love it!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                            My thought is in a pressure situation in tight quarters give me something with a bigger target coverage than a single small caliber bullet. You may only get one shot and I want to make it count.

This is a fallacious argument. Most if not all shotguns at across the room distance haven’t had time to open up the pattern. Many of them have patterns ranging from golf ball size to baseball size at short distance.

Buckshot will penetrate several layers of sheet rock as will all pistol rounds. Many times the 5.56/.223 rounds tumble and fragment when encountering Sheetrock and have less chance of severe over penetration. Using a ballistic tip style bullet makes them break up even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The MSM, who hate AR's and AK's, did more than anyone to popularize them. To answer your question, yes, my home defense gun is an AR-15. It's light, performs extremely well at short range, holds a lot of ammo, and it's modular.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                                Practicality has absolutely nothing to do with “Shall NOT be infringed”. With that said, I personally prefer the Mini14 over the AR for all practical purposes. I will also add that I prefer politicians to be honest and to uphold their oath to The Constitution of these United States of America and because of that, the Armolite Rifle and many like it have become more essential today for every red blooded citizen than at any other point in Our Nations history, period.

Micheal

No response? Hmmm…

Micheal

Comment

Working...
                                X