No announcement yet.

Divorce your wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did. Wasn’t meant to be for sure, and we had no kids involved and no combined debt. Able to do it uncontested and both used the same lawyer to do the legal stuff

If both play nice it can go as smooth as a divorce can.... which still sucks

Comment

I did. Best decision of my life

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
        We stayed together cause neither one of us would take the kids...
        Hahaha.

Comment

Nope. I got a life sentence. I've already served 27 years of that life sentence.

Comment

I did twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been there, done that....... more than once....... never any fun..... especially with kids......always plenty of hurt all the way around....... even when it’s numbed with drugs and alcohol. It still makes my stomach hurt when I hear of someone going through it. That’s all.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                Nope. I got a life sentence. I've already served 27 years of that life sentence.

That’s great! Congrats!

Comment

Is there a way you can assure she wont get half of your 401k? We dont have kids so the most important thing is assuring she doesn't get half my retirement?

Comment

Never get married

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                      Only in Arkansas.
                      Oklahoma recently adopted that law too.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                        Is there a way you can assure she wont get half of your 401k? We dont have kids so the most important thing is assuring she doesn't get half my retirement?
                        Good luck with that. What I did was sign over my part of the equity in the house. It's was about a wash with my 401k. Only differnce was, while I was drawing interest, she was paying interest.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                          See the hitman comment above.

Unless you negotiate otherwise, half of the PDV of the 401K (if all contributions were made during the marriage) is headed her way.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                            See the hitman comment above.

Unless you negotiate otherwise, half of the PDV of the 401K (if all contributions were made during the marriage) is headed her way.
                            Yep my dads secretary was talking about retirement when her husband of 25 years blind sided her with filling, 1/2 her retirement and 1/2 the house and 1/2 his medical

Comment

I sent two packing , third was the keeper !!

Comment

The wife has decided to call it quits in all the divorces with my close friends. My dad worked with a woman who's husband filed for divorce when his last kid graduated high school. Said he'd been gay the whole time.

Comment

Working...
                                X