Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white sauce

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
    Loaf pan after seasoning. Salt, pepper, then use white sauce to keep moist.
    Mayo, worcestersire sauce, lemon and cayenne.
    You aint ever had better.
    Can ya give the actual recipe for the white sauce?

Comment

N my experience no brine, dry rub. Maybe sauce if wife wants it. But key is to stuff the body cavity with veggies n such. Never have a dry bird when I do that.

Comment

We brine and smoke them like beer can chicken. Do one in Fiesta Habenaro rub and other in Fiesta chicken or fajita rub. Delish...

Comment

Dry Rub, Let set for an hour, smoke at 150 for an hour, then 350 till internal temp says ready.

Comment

Brine over night, then marinade in Italian dressing for 4 hours. Sprinkle with Tony's or lemon pepper. Smoke at @200 with pecan wood.

Comment

Brine for sure..overnight... and with my experience if you don’t cook over 300° skin gets rubbery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spatchcock, brine, season and smoke. There is no other way worth it.

Comment

Can ya give the actual recipe for the white sauce?

1/2 cup mayo
                  2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
                  1/2 tsp lemon juice
                  1/2 tsp horseradish
                  1/2 tsp salt
                  1/2 tsp pepper
                  1/8 tsp cayenne.
                  Dont brine the chicken or do. Butterfly the bird down the chest, salt and pepper it. Put in loaf pan or not. Cook on low smoke while brushing white sauce on til done.

Comment

Brine

Definitely

Comment

Got 2nd in last 2 comps with my method above.

Comment

Brining a chicken seems like overkill to me. Any of the above methods are fine. I mean, it's friggin' chicken

Comment

Like others said above, Spatchcocking is amazing. Use you favorite rub. The bird cooks on a level plane, more surface area to be in contact with smoke and sears the juices in better. The best thing about learning this method is that it will prime you for cooking absolutely the tastiest, juiciest turkey when the Holidays come rolling around. We get rave reviews every time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                            Got 2nd in last 2 comps with my method above.
                            nice!

Comment

Brine and spatchcock

Comment

I usually keep it simple and my family loves the outcome. I haven't ever done a brine but the meat stays moist as long as I keep the temp low.

I use a combo of Lowrey's seasoned salt, cumin, black pepper, a very small bit of cayenne and/or red pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. I don't really measure much. 8^( I don't even mix a rub anymore, I just shake the spices on both sides, cover for a couple of hours and then into the smoke.

Most people will tell you I'm breaking all the rules and couldn't possibly make anything edible but it works for me. I made 6 birds, one Friday, for a chicken salad that family members who "don't like smoked food" could not stop raving about. Of course, I cheated a bit using my Weber kettle to smoke 2 birds at a time for about 3 hours and then moved them to my gas grill (set really low) until the next 2 were done in the smoker. Rotated the first two out and the next two in each time. It was very tender, juicy and tasted great.

Comment

Working...
                                X