Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you regret that keep you up at night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    Being unsuccessful at CPR.
    My heart hurts for you

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
      A few that I'll mention.

Being helpless as a little girl took her last breaths in my arms. I wish I could have done more. Fallujah, Iraq 14 Feb 2005. Indiscriminate rocket landed in the courtyard of her home as we drove past.

How I treated my wife after two deployments (nothing physical). I was a mean person. It changed her. We're more than a decade from that time but, I still remember.

Asking God to take my Mom (step-mom). She was dying. She was in no pain when He took her (23 March 2012). She had Multiple Myeloma. I wish I had just had one more day with her.

Thank you for your service and your personal and family sacrifices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

God bless you Jeff. I have nothing that compares to you and your wife's grief.

Comment

I have a few regrets...what keeps me up at night is not being able to get my son to turn his life around. Figure I will be getting a phone call middle of the night sometime.

Comment

I can’t imagine.

Comment

I've heard we all have our crosses to bare.I lay awake for hours almost every night wishing I had done some thing different or better. Wife says I brood, I think I'm a worrier but we all need to remember that we are just human and all are far from perfect.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

My prayers for all of you that are struggling to make things right and those that tried and could not.

Comment

For over 20 minutes on my mom junior year in high school. Took years to forgive myself.

Gary

Comment

I’m so sorry.

Comment

I have some small regrets like not finishing engineering degree, but I love where my life has gone so overall no regrets.
                      To those that have lost family members, I am deeply sorry for the losses and pray for strength.

Comment

Trusting my brother when he said he wouldn't ride the big wheel across the street.

I was 10' away when the Schmidt's TV Repair van....

I was 11 and will never forget the officer's comment when I said "Well, you see what happened was...."

"No son, I didn't see what happened" probably wasn't the most appropriate response
                        Last edited by Fargus; 02-10-2019, 11:35 PM.

Comment

What I regret right now is feeling like I could have done better for my mom. About a month ago we had to put her in the nursing home with dementia. I feel like I failed her by not being able to take care of her and being able to keep her living in her home for the rest of her life. Also the feeling of being powerless to help stop her progression with this horrible disease.

Comment

This is a little different than the theme of this thread, but in high school, I broke up with a girl because I thought I was too cool for her. One of my friends didn't feel the same and long story short (and unbeknownst to me), she was a total and complete nymphomaniac.

Comment

Me and my dad have had several really bad arguments about his drinking spanning over 30+ years. Things have been said that can’t be taken back. I wish to God they had never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                                This is a little different than the theme of this thread, but in high school, I broke up with a girl because I thought I was too cool for her. One of my friends didn't feel the same and long story short (and unbeknownst to me), she was a total and complete nymphomaniac.
                                You’re luck you escaped that torture. It would have cut into your hunting and fishing time lol !

Comment

Working...
                                X