Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
    I called LVG a couple minutes before that post and they said they had it

That’s weird. She told me they were out last week and again today.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
      Correction- that was a year ago. I looked at our log incorrectly.

That makes more sense [emoji3166]

Comment

How long can I store it in those 1,000 lb bags.
        Now till summer?

Thanks

Comment

Bringing this one back up. I thought id try introducing cottonseed and see if I could get them on it this year. Figured id introduce it now when the browse is not as available, and deer are trying to recover from the rut and winter. My initial plan was to get some at the local cotton gin, but they wouldnt sell any/said it was all accounted for. SO...i am trying a single cottonseed feeder and found the Fortified Cottonseed at TSC. Figured id give them a product with some additional attraction value. If I can get them to start eating it, I can keep running it. If they wont touch it after a year....I guess I can simply pull the feeder and move on. I did put the cottonseed feeder close enough to my Tripod broadcast corn feeder so corn is being thrown to the base of the cottonseed feeder. Maybe that will help introduce them to the other feed. Time will tell. My only concern is rain molding the cottonseed over time if they dont eat it in a reasonable amount of time.

Comment

Been really wondering about this one... seeing cottonseed at Tractor Supply, but haven't checked the feed stores. @rbjjack, will be curious to see your review if the deer starting hitting the cottonseed. What kind of feeder do you have/use??? Any pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by kaspar139 View Post
              Been really wondering about this one... seeing cottonseed at Tractor Supply, but haven't checked the feed stores. @rbjjack, will be curious to see your review if the deer starting hitting the cottonseed. What kind of feeder do you have/use??? Any pictures?
              If you are going to go the bag route a feed store is the best option. You'll get 50lb bags for the same or less price as TSC and the 40s. TSC has too much overhead to cover.

I've tried mixing in their 'fortified' cottonseed they carry though. The deer like it but it gets moldy if it gets rained on where as regular cottonseed can take some weathering.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                How long can I store it in those 1,000 lb bags.
                Now till summer?

Thanks
                Maybe if I keep it in the shade and open top of super sack it won’t get as much condensation/mold?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X