No announcement yet.

Cottonseed on 40 lb bags.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took this small group of deer less than two weeks to find and eat the 40 lbs at each three feeders.
    Bought bulk this week at 17 cents /lb

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
      Anyone know where to get bulk cotton seed near llano/ San Saba/ goldthwaite area?
      Google “Texas Cotton Gins” find the ones near you and start calling. Although if you waited until now they most likely will not have any as most gins contract out their cottonseed by now.

Comment

Trying the fortified because that’s all tractor supply had. Anyone know if hogs will eat it? Saw some the other day looked like they were getting into it.

Comment

Our deer crush cottonseed. I firmly believe that is why we have increased body weights. Our last load was 7 tons at $210 ton.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
            Our deer crush cottonseed. I firmly believe that is why we have increased body weights. Our last load was 7 tons at $210 ton.

From where???? $310 is the best price I’ve found.

Comment

Leona Valley Gin in Batesville has it for $320/ton and then bags are $40/each

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
                Leona Valley Gin in Batesville has it for $320/ton and then bags are $40/each

I called LVG last week. She said they didn’t have any seed, but they’d have some soon and it would be $380/ton!

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                  I called LVG last week. She said they didn’t have any seed, but they’d have some soon and it would be $380/ton!
                  That woman at LGV is always higher. Did you try Winter Garden in Batesville?

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
                    That woman at LGV is always higher. Did you try Winter Garden in Batesville?

Winter Garden is OUT of seed as of today.

Comment

any input on how east texas deer take to this or where to get it? anderson county

Comment

Originally posted by Hornfan View Post
                        Trying the fortified because that’s all tractor supply had. Anyone know if hogs will eat it? Saw some the other day looked like they were getting into it.
                        Hogs won't even touch it at my lease! Been there for nearly a month.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasTiger View Post
                          any input on how east texas deer take to this or where to get it? anderson county
                          I got mine at TS. I've had 150# of it out for nearly a month without any success as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckhead78 View Post
                            I got mine at TS. I've had 150# of it out for nearly a month without any success as of yet.
                            I figure id have the same results - thanks

Comment

From where???? $310 is the best price I’ve found.
                              Correction- that was a year ago. I looked at our log incorrectly.

Comment

I called LVG a couple minutes before that post and they said they had it

Comment

Working...
                                X