X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mule fxt had one for 3-4 years and put that thing through hell. Zero issues

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
      Funny Low Fence I have only had Polaris in the past and the one I currently own is disassembled in the barn waiting for more parts, I stuck 1200 in parts in it this month alone
      The same ranger you had in Mexico or something else?

I'm somewhat in the market and lookin. Can am really ain't on the radar cause after riding them, I don't see why they cost so much more. I might look at kawasaki pro

Or I may keep my ranger. It's only got 3500 trouble free miles on it across 2 states. Dad's 08 has 600 hours and it got drove through the wall of a house. How many of these tanks have done that?

Battery,belt and bushings is all we've done

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Kawasaki mule for the last couple of years. Not a speed demon but it is a workhorse but I don’t need the speed.

Comment

At this point whatever you can find and you like the way it drives.

They all have problems.

We have generally had all Polaris (have two rangers currently) and no real issues.

Comment

Mule Pro FXT all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2015 has been all over TX, OK, & KS. Even Utah couple times.
              Done everything I ever needed. Never any major issues.
              Door latches suck though.

Comment

We have the Pro FXT (2019) zero issues, used every day on the ranch. Great ride, good power.

Comment

Mule pro here. 2k miles no issues. Also an older Polaris thats in shop for clutch bearing. Mule is 4x the machine

Good friend has gator xuv865m hvac (same engine as the mule pro) 2.5 years old 12k miles never seen the shop)

I know a lot of mules with over 8k miles. Not so much with the Polaris.

Now if you want a cab, mule options aren't as good as Polaris.

I have a cab and heater on my mule

Comment

I have two. Yamaha and Kawasaki. For hunting I like my Viking for the power and speed. For longevity nothing will outlast the mule. My Kawasaki is at least 15 years old. Gets routine maint and thats it.

Comment

The reason there's a lot more rangers for sale is because there's a hundred rangers sold for every mule. That also means that up until four/five years ago Kawasaki did not have a side-by-side for the off-road park enthusiasts. Many of these enthusiasts ride out their machines submerging them underwater never repaired or cleaned debris after mudding and of course Parts wear out when they're not maintained. Polaris makes a very good machine and if you maintain it and don't rag on it it will last you a very very long time.

I have a 2014 900 XP with over 8,000 miles and the only issue I've had is the fuel pump and a couple of wear parts like bushings, etc... for work around the farm and putting around I would never buy an old mule as they are worse than running a Buckboard wagon. Sure, they're a Sherman Tank of the utv world, but ride like one too. I routinely use my Ranger for work as an arborist hauling logs and debris and also putting a 800 lb sprayer in the back bed. You can't even fit this sprayer in the new Mule Pro. The newer mule Pro is nice and has a lot of similarities to the Ranger but the main disadvantage is the lack of bed space in normal configuration. I will put my Ranger' reliability up against any Kawasaki product.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                        We have bought Polaris,Kawasaki,Gator,Kubota,Yamaha and Can-am and Polaris is by far the best we have used. I also own a 2016 Polaris and it’s never seen a wrench besides an oil change.
                        How dare you speak positively about your experience with a Polaris on this forum

Comment

Thanx folks. All good points to ponder.

Comment

My 2013 Polaris was bulletproof. Unfortunately it wasn’t theft proof. When looking to replace it, I got to experience Chance Love’s Mule and he raves about it. Well, I went with my prior experience and got a 2020 Ranger 1000. 3 clutches in the first year, broken rear stabilizer bar and two drive belts. It’s never been mudding. Used for farm work. I should have listened to Chance Love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have 2 1000 xp rangers. One sits at lease outside all year, zero issues. The other goes from neighborhood to 11k feet in New Mexico elk hunting. Has hauled multiple intact bull elk in the bed, zero issues. I’m guessing the ppl with problems all the time don’t do any maintenance and/or rag em all out. In truth they all have issues here and there esp with no maintenance.

Comment

Mule pro fxt for sure, I will never buy a Polaris anything again, my Sportsman was junk, one rangers was junk and my other ranger i didn’t keep very long. Mule comes with a 3 year warranty and I paid $540 for an additional 3 years.. that’s a pretty solid 6 year warranty for $540 extra and there’s a reason they offer it.. my mule runs out of warranty this coming November and I’ve got about 3,000 miles on it with no issues.. my ranger went thru steering rack replacement, front end rebuilt, motor replacement that was around 5k, some bearing that had some kind of clutch bearing all before 2,000 miles. We hunt 18k acres and out of the 6 guys that have ranger there’s only one guy that haven’t had issues with their ranger, the other ones either can’t keep them going or they have had them less than a year..

Comment

Working...
                                X