No announcement yet.

Any Gout Sufferers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does suck. My advice to avoid future attacks is to drink plenty of water. Dehydration has always been the cause of mine.

Good luck.

-john

Comment

I've got it, AND serious.

*Never back to back meals of beef, venison, or shellfish.
      *Drink a ounce or 2 of straight no sugar cherry juice every day.
      *celery seed extract
      *flax seed and oatmeal in Greek yogurt every week or more
      *take a tblsp of olive oil or avocado oil when available
      *cut out sugars and corn syrup sweeteners
      *olives are positive
      *Beer is terrible. Body will make it a priority to remove the beer with uric acid above all else.

Your body is producing uric acid to break down purines. When it produces too much uric acid, you will have a gout flare up. It's that simple.
      Last edited by tigerscowboy; 10-21-2021, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
        I take allopurinol every day and I still get flares. Doc said stop eating red meat, seafood, and stop drinking alcohol!!!!! Told him well I guess I’m going to keep getting gout lol
        I do all of those things and have been lucky recently I guess! Knockin' on wood as we speak. I was dealing with 3-4 per year until I started on the allopurinol

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
          It does suck. My advice to avoid future attacks is to drink plenty of water. Dehydration has always been the cause of mine.

Good luck.

-john
          My main trigger always seemed to be gravy, with chicken fried steak and biscuits and gravy being the main culprits

Comment

Fresh cherries works good for me when you can get them, the dark ones.
            Any dark berry.
            Blueberries work good.
            Black berries work.
            Every time I feel an attack coming in I go to cherries if in season, then blue berries and then black berries.
            Eat a lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
              I've got it, AND serious.

*Never back to back beef, venison, or shellfish.
              *Drink a ounce or 2 of straight no sugar cherry juice every day.
              *celery seed extract
              *flax seed and oatmeal in Greek yogurt every week or more
              *take a tblsp of olive oil or avocado oil when available
              *cut out sugars and hfcsyrup
              Good advice here!

Comment

Get the walmart (Spring/Nature Valley??) brand of Tart Cherry Extract. I have been taking it for years. Doc said it is as good as anything else. If you leave it at home, there's a walmart somewhere near you. Front load if you if you need, then take one a day.

Comment

As mentioned, drink lots of water and no soda’s especially Dr. pepper.
                  I used to live with that crap and I use to drink beer, I had to drink potato vodka if I wanted to drink alcohol (I haven’t drank alcohol in years) but had to be careful with the vodka, it will sneak up on you!

Comment

I used to take allopurinol daily, but when I slowed way down on my whiskey drinking the gout slowed down too. Imagine that !

Comment

I got my first dose of it in Aug 2019 after changing my diet in June 2019. Had to readjust my diet after getting it. Felt like I had my first metatarsal at the toe on left foot broke again. Swelled like it too. Kept up the diet change after that. Cut out all the red meated fish. Quit eating beef and pork from the store. Back to wild game only to reduce the fats and help with cholesterol. I do buy chicken and turkey breast. And a very mild case in first big toe on right foot back in July 2021. Wasn't near as bad as the pain from the first case. Got the meds, got over it quick this time. Most of the advice I've got as already been posted. Lay off or back on the beer too. Yah, I know what you're think-n.

Comment

There is a lot of new research about probiotics being effective for gout. I can take a cheap daily probiotic (whatever the generic Walmart brand is) and eat and drink whatever I want. I have never hade a flare up while taking them but I have when I run out or quit taking them. It helps you process the uric acid more like when you were younger. I attached one example link but you can find many studies online.
                        https://www.newswise.com/articles/sh...kidney-disease Tigerscowboy tips above will work but I like to be able to eat and drink what I want.

Comment

I used to get it every now and then. Then once a month. I seriously tried to adjust my lifestyle but it never helped. On 300 mg allopurinol for about three years and haven’t had a flare up since. I’m knocking on wood as I type this. Everyone I know who has it, the same thing. Try to eat right and drink cherry juice and apple cider vinegar. They all ended up on the allopurinol. Advice I give is save yourself a whole lot of pain in the long run and just take the daily meds.

Comment

Once your symptoms pass….get on allopurinol!

Comment

I had a flare up a several weeks ago. Here is what the Dr. gave me.
                              Prednisone twice a day for the first week along with colchicine twice a day. The second week I added allopurinol. The third week I drop the prednisone and cut back to one Colchicine. I will stay on this until I go back to see him in Dec.
                              I have always been told to never take allopurinol while having a flare up. Use it only to prevent an attack.

Comment

Use Colchicine to knock it out now.
                                Use Allopurinol to keep it away.

Comment

Working...
                                X