Fillet Knife Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fillet Knife Choices

I'm looking into getting a new fillet knife since I'm about to be living by the lake. Anyone got any first hand use with Bubba knives or the Havalon Baracuta? Midway has a sale on them both and people seem to like them but I don't have any experience with either brand. If you guys have any other preferences shoot em at me

These are all the fillets Silver Stag has to offer across all our series. Fillets are boning knives that are used to filet and prepare fish. Their blades are generally longer allowing them to move easily along the backbone and under the skin of fish. The following Fillet Models include a high-quality Leather Pouch shea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Both are good knives. I use a Bubba on redfish and the havalon smaller fish or deer processing. I like the fillet knife I bought on here from featherburner. I use an electric knife when I have power and have a lot of fish to fillet.

Comment

These are kind of a big deal in the mid-west. https://www.reedssports.com/brand/leech_lake_knives?p=2
        They use higher grade steel and they stay sharp a long time. They’re also sharp on the back edge, which is designed to do the initial cut through the scales behind the gill plate. The idea is that it preserves the blade for the main cut.

Comment

Rapala

Comment

I have a bunch of Bubba knife. My 9” tapered flex is my go to. I saw the other day that they have an interchangeable kit as well.

Comment

Bubba blade is a great choice in my opinion.

Comment

Those bubba blades are legit. I have the flex and that dude is perfect for processing deer

Comment

I use butcher shop boning knives. They are stiff just like I like them.

Comment

I have a 20 year old Rapala wooden handle that's probably the easiest to sharpen and most flexible filet knife I own
                    Dexter Russell makes a good one too. I use the serrated version on reds.. as far as battery powered electric don't fit the Bubba mine sucks .

Comment

I bought multiple Bubbas when they were $15 at Academy. I would not be a buyer at $50.

Not that i dislike them but they just don't do anything the inexpensive knives don't do.

Comment

I have a 9” danco. No complaints so far

Comment

I like the 9'' thin blade dexter for trout and flounder and the bubba or electric for redfish.

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
                            I like the 9'' thin blade dexter for trout and flounder and the bubba or electric for redfish.
                            Same here , dexter and OHO titanium blade are my go to
                            Bubba blade has a good warranty when you break one ( I dropped one cleaning snapper, and it broke in 1/2)
                            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-11-2022, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Feather burner on here makes some nice fillet knives. I have 2 and they perform flawless and we use them alot!

Comment

Working...
                              X