No announcement yet.

Please give me your thoughts electric buggy vs gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wanted to bump this and see if anyone had experience with the newer EZGO EFI or Yamaha quietech gas engines...? 2019 or newer.

we have a 48v now and with all the hills in our 'hood we barely get 1.5hrs out of it with new batteries. thinking about going gas but i like the quiet.

Comment

My daughter has 2 carryall work carts on her ranch. They get used all day every day. I can't imagine using gas carts. Buying gasoline all the time, oil changes, noise ........

Comment

Is the Ranger EV still the best? Are they just as quiet as a golf cart?

Comment

Electric are nice, but are way more maintenance intensive if you're doing it the way you are supposed to. Plus, those batteries are around $1,000 every few years.

The gas ones are my preference. I have way less gas ones in my shop than electric.

Comment

One more thing. Easygo has a steel frame. Clubbers have aluminum frames.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
              If you get serious about electric, the Ranger EV is the best. The BBB’s would be a very distant second. They are a great machine too, but not even in the same
              Class as the Ranger. Cheapest route is the golf cart. I just never cared for the rough ride they have.

I had a Ranger EV for about 6 years. Sold it and bought a Mule because I needed more seating room. I miss that EV every single day. There simply is no better electric rig.
              I couldn’t get over how quiet a friend’s electric Ranger is. It works for his needs to visit his mom at her ranch across the road and the in laws who also live nearby. The in laws use electric golf carts to go back n forth visiting.

Comment

If you buy used, driver it on a bumpy road and make sure it doesn't creak, groan or rattle. I bought one that I really like but it is not as quiet as my friend's electric cart. Batteries are $800 every 4 years so $200/yr. Other than that, pretty much zero. I use mine in my yard often moving trailers, tools and people.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost10mm View Post
                  Electric are nice, but are way more maintenance intensive if you're doing it the way you are supposed to. Plus, those batteries are around $1,000 every few years.

The gas ones are my preference. I have way less gas ones in my shop than electric.
                  See my avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    See my avatar
                    Nicely played. I stand by my comments.

Comment

Nicely played. I stand by my comments.
                      Change my mind for me. Always willing to learn something.

Comment

If your dealing with mud very often the golf cart option would be out for me, I built a golf cart several years back and it worked great until the mud came and then I was hating it after it left me stuck several times in a tiny little hole. I went back to my Rangers and moved on from the cart. The Polaris EV might work a lot better than the cart but for the money I’m sticking to the gas units.

Comment

Gas. I can full recharge it in 30 seconds lol

Comment

I wouldn’t mind a golf cart, but would hate loading and unloading one going from spot to spot , it’s miles between stands
                            They probably work great on a pea popper ranch / small place , and I would definitely not feel good if it was raining
                            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-09-2022, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Did eventually upgrade to lithium and its a fantastic cart now.

Comment

There is no doubt your correct. For some reason people think they can stealth their way right up on a big buck so buy a load of batteries with a buggy attached . I find that comical myself. No way on earth gas does not win long term.

Comment

Working...
                                X