No announcement yet.

Where are the Elk hunters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double header this year. Colorado archery and New Mex rifle. I hope the farm survives me gone that long

Comment

Leaving September 7th for New Mexico elk hunt. Hunt starts the morning of the 9th. I’ve been getting my self in elk hunting shape. A variety of small injuries have delayed me some but I continue to press forward. I’m shooting out to 70 yards now but need to keep pushing out until I’m at 100 yards. Conditions would have to be perfect for me to let one fly at 100 but it sure makes 60 feel like a chip shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed to Aguilar Co on Sept 13 for 5 day hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Leaving September 7th for New Mexico elk hunt. Hunt starts the morning of the 9th. I’ve been getting my self in elk hunting shape. A variety of small injuries have delayed me some but I continue to press forward. I’m shooting out to 70 yards now but need to keep pushing out until I’m at 100 yards. Conditions would have to be perfect for me to let one fly at 100 but it sure makes 60 feel like a chip shot.

What unit ?

Comment

I will be in Colorado in an OTC unit somewhere. Just had my dream archery Alaska moose hunt fall apart 3 weeks before I was supposed to leave. I would take a NM landowner cow tag at this point if I could find one. Not a big fan of elk hunting solo at 55 but I’m not gonna stay home. Good luck to everyone

Comment

Headed to Idaho 9/20 for a week on horseback in Hells Canyon. Heavy cardio with daily shooting out to 85 yards.

Good luck everybody!

Comment

I am not prepared yet and it’s irking me

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                  I am not prepared yet and it’s irking me

Better get ready or I’ll beat you up the mountian

Comment

Originally posted by C R Cox View Post
                    What unit ?

Comment

I’ll be there for 2nd rifle. OTC for me

Comment

PNW, Coos bay chasing Roosevelt sept 10-20.

Comment

I'll be in Colorado in a little over a month doing the OTC hail mary. I also drew a late season cow tag in Wyoming that'll likely have me braving winter snows.

Now if only I could get one of these pronghorn bucks to cooperate and not bolt at the edge of range, my freezer would be looking real nice.

Comment

I am leaving for NM on the 6th to hunt the second week of first season. Have a tag in unit 23 with my dad, so this one will be special. Have been practicing out to 60 yards regularly and need to stretch it a bit further before the hunt to keep tightening things up.

I Have dropped my weight from 200lbs to 175, and the legs and lungs are getting about where I want them given I am training in north Texas. Lots of squats, lunges, weighted pack hikes (60lbs for 5-7 miles at a time), rides on the peloton and core/yoga. Just hoping I can put it all together and get a bull on the ground. Unit 23 is a fringe gila unit with a lot of elevation and lower density, so I know I have my work cut out for me.

Comment

In N.M for a late elk hunt a few days after Thanksgiving. Can't wait.

Comment

NM Unit 4 rifle hunt in early October.

Comment

Working...
                                X