Hunting in this heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting in this heat

I'm starting to make plans for for hunting strategy this year. I looked at my husband and said, I think this year I will be hunting naked. It's too dang hot!

And it would not be the first time I walked to the stand in my bare necessities. I'm also looking at battery powered fans. and ice packs.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

One of those air conditioned suits doesn't seem like a bad idea...

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

Ladder stand, tree stand, or tripod in shade. In closed blind will be hot. However, I’ll take bow hunting the heat versus the extreme cold.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          This.

Comment

The first deer I ever killed I was stripped down to my undies. It was 98deg and I was in a wooden box blind. I was fixing to give up for the day when the deer walked in to my feeder.

Comment

Yep! This

Comment

I've killed a few deer in just my underwear. I've got a couple of the battery powered fans. They help, but when its really hot they just blow hot air like a furnace

Comment

I'll gladly & eagerly await to get hot killing birds in this heat...I'm done sweating in deer blinds.

Comment

Beat me to it! LOL!

Comment

Get a spray bottle and fill it with water. Spray yourself down when you get hot and let the breeze do it’s magic

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Get a spray bottle and fill it with water. Spray yourself down when you get hot and let the breeze do it’s magic
                        That’s a good idea. Never thought about that.

Comment

Here in good ole East Texas we drive around in a truck with cold A/C blowing so no changes for me regardless how hot

Y’all knew that was coming

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                            Ladder stand, tree stand, or tripod in shade. In closed blind will be hot. However, I’ll take bow hunting the heat versus the extreme cold.
                            You sir are crazy! I'll take the Texas cold for deer hunting any day of the week over 90 degrees. I hate sitting in a blind sweating my boys off.

Comment

Soak a shirt in cold water before the hunt then put it on. Tripods or tree stands in shade with a breeze. Screw box and ground blinds.

Comment

Working...
                              X