Who all mainly hunts from pop ups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
    I love pop up hunting. I used to be a climber guy but I really like being ground level. I love how easy they are to put up or move and for the most part dry
    This. I swore off climbers years ago.

Comment

I love a good late season popup hunt. All warm and snuggly in my fortress of invisibility

Comment

We hunt in rattle snake country so at my feeder I had a two foot high metal platform built plywood floor. I know they could still climb in there but I still feel a little better off the ground. Of course that limits mobility.

Comment

On the ground dirt floor is no problem but I did have an armadillo sticking it's nose under the wall one day. Use a popup on top of a 7 ft platform stand in Minnesota with a grate floor. Wind was bad coming up through floor. Covered it in carpet and use a Little Buddy heater and life is good. Still have to dress in layers then run the heater about 10 minutes every half hour to warm up. Only really complaint is no good place to use as a forearm rest for shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
            With ya fellow Sailor...Not that heat is bad ..just another thing to keep up with...Dirt floor is OK tell it rains a bunch..and or ya blind gets a visitor.SNAKE!!
            That’s a WWII picture of my dad as my avatar brother.

Comment

Loved hunting out of pop ups when we had a lease. Wish there was an easy way to haul them around on public.

Comment

We have 7 pop up setups on the ranch. All are on 5-8 foot towers. Five foot works fine. Ozonics should seems to work better elevated. The real reason we elevated them is the 4 year old girl in me wore one as a dress after climbing in a pop up with a rattle snake during turkey season several years back. My h art can’t take another experience like that.

Comment

I am going with pop up this year ,
                  1. To old to maintain a tower blind/ move them ect
                  2 60% of our blinds are pop ups, because cows mess with permanent blinds, scratching on them knocking down

I have a nice floor and heaters in them

Comment

The pop ups I use have a floor zipped to it. The only thing I fear in this world is Mr. Noshoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                      The pop ups I use have a floor zipped to it. The only thing I fear in this world is Mr. Noshoulders.

Only thing huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        Only thing huh?

Burnadell in a bad mood?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          Only thing huh?

That's right. I run from snakes, nothing else.

Comment

Dirt floors are quieter than anything else.

Comment

Pop ups are great . Get them in a little cover , stake them down with real tent stakes. Use wire to tie them down with and try to hold the roof up if you can by wiring it to a over hanging limb . Most the time it’s setting on a little grass and not completely dirt .

Comment

Pop up blinds are something that should have been WAAYYY popular about 40 years ago. It's not exactly ground-breaking technology. They're super handy for bow hunts and turkey hunts.

Comment

Working...
                                X