Who all mainly hunts from pop ups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who all mainly hunts from pop ups?

I am about to put together a stand idea I have and was wondering.
    If you mainly hunt out of pop ups you probably don’t mind the dirt floor right?
    Probably know that with a heater even a non insulated blind is fine 99% of the time right?
    And mobility is the primary reason you hunt from a pop up ?

All true

Comment

Don’t mind the dirt, heaters work but it’ll rain on you a little if it’s really cold/frosty in the morning, and mobility and ability to conceal/brush them in is why we love them. I’ve killed 2 of my biggest bucks from pop ups set up less than a day prior.

Comment

In Kerrville i mainly bowhunt out of a pop up for the simple fact of they are cheap and i didnt want to spend the money on a Krivoman yet. (soon ill get one). I tried them in Junctions but they were just full of black widows everytime i went to get in one so im just using a tripod there.

Ive never used a heater in one i just layer up.

Comment

I’ve used a heater in a pop up blind multiple times. Never a issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do, and when I can I will elevate them by laying some 2x12s and plywood across a hay ring. I've killed 4 good deer from them and have never brushed one in.

I just can't afford a krivoman is why I use them.

Comment

Me, on the ground. If I'm elevated, I got there by way of stairs. I used to swing limb from limb, hunt in trees when there were no tree stands, unless you built them. I'm too old and I don't mend like I did " back in the day". Baronett Big Mike for me these days!

Comment

Yes to all 3 of your questions. Not as much for mobility though, but I do move it occasionally if needed.

Comment

Me. I don’t use a heater often. I just layer up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Appreciate all the replies

Comment

No heater. Dress for weather. Don’t like it on beautiful days but love it when it’s rainy and cold.

Comment

Heater schmeater. What do you do in October when it’s still 95 out and 100+ in the blind? P

Comment

Heater schmeater. What do you do in October when it’s still 95 out and 100+ in the blind? P

Comment

Used to before gonna krivoman. But never had issue with the dirt.

Bend some pieces of rebar and hammer them in, it’ll help keep them in place. Use the buddy heater all the time, it makes a big difference. Enough to have to turn it down or off completely

Comment

Used pop ups exclusively. Put them up in September and kept them up until after season. Deer were used to their presence by opening day. Never brushed in, but did set them between standing trees. Facing east and west depending which one I had set to use for mostly evening or morning hunts.

Thermacell and Mr Heater both used with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X