Cool old photo of my Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
    Your Dad and Uncle Bill were great athletes along with Steve. Buster and Tres Adami were no slouches, either.
    Adios,
    Gary

Yes sir, those are some great family friends that I’ve heard stories about my whole life.

Comment

Cool find! My best friend in HS (walk on / first generation of 12th man aggies), dad was all state lineman (1958 and 1959) for Freer (Jimmy/Jim Allen) and played at Texas too (roster 1961 as #63 Right Guard at 193lbs)! He passed young (46) before I could find out more about his history.
      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Great years for the Buckaroos! Tommy and Buddy Roberts were great coaches.
        Buddy's wife, Ana, was my 5th grade teacher.

Comment

Cool beans!

Comment

Carrizo Springs produced another great one about that same time, John Ayers who started at Texas, was not a fan and then transferred to West Texas State. Was starting OG for the 49ers in their glory days.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

Coach Tommy Roberts was coaching in San Benito in the 90’s. I would’ve loved to play for him, unfortunately he left a few seasons before I got to high school.

Comment

Great pic!!!! Cestahowa.......The Cestahowa with the famous hotter than heck dance hall??? If so, I had some great times there.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                  Great pic!!!! Cestahowa.......The Cestahowa with the famous hotter than heck dance hall??? If so, I had some great times there.

It was still hotter than fire when I was in high school back in 2008/9. Kosciusko was the other one I’d frequent in the area. Both were a pretty good drive from freer, but the scenery and the polish women were so worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                    Cool find! My best friend in HS (walk on / first generation of 12th man aggies), dad was all state lineman (1958 and 1959) for Freer (Jimmy/Jim Allen) and played at Texas too (roster 1961 as #63 Right Guard at 193lbs)! He passed young (46) before I could find out more about his history.
                    It was not uncommon for guards to weigh in the 190's back in those days. Nowadays, waterboys weigh more than that.

Comment

I love stuff like this! Is your dad still alive? Mine is not and every time I discover an old pic of him in his prime, that I hadn't seen before, I cherish it like I probably wouldn't have when he was. Good stuff.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Cool! I played a summer around that same time for the Karnes City Raiders. My last year playing at Bee County College, Steve was dating a girl at school that was from Karnes City. Met him there

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Pretty cool

Comment

Neat!

Comment

Working...
                                X